• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who has the better pure BJJ, Fabricio Werdum, Jacare Souza, Ryan Hall, or Damien Maia?

Who has the better pure BJJ, Fabrico Werdum, Ryan Hall, or Damien Maia?

• Total voters
Jacare is the best pure grappler credential wise. Who ever picked Maia over jacare are pretty ignorant to all greats bjj players.
When I voted I was a bit suprised Maia had almost double the votes.

It's amazing to think how good Maia is and yet he isn't even a top 10 all time BJJ practitioner at his own weight

Honestly of these 4 Jacare .

Last edited:
Werdum credential wise. Maia MMA wise. Ryan hall GI and leglocks. Jacare well rounded and top game..

Mother fuck

Probably Maia. Jacare is great but he's also extremely strong where Maia is all technique.

Random but does anyone know a Shaun Williams? I heard he was really good in the underground scene and his bjj was godly

Demian Maia is physically stronger p4p than the others which is why some would argue he's not as technical because his strength misleads.

When we look at their records, we have to say Jacare. I wonder what would Royce think of these 3.

This made me realize one thing again. The MW division as a whole is underrated because of Bisping. The best BJJ guy in MMA with very good other MMA-related skills can't even fight for the title in that division. I thought he won the Romero fight just like what most people including the media and commentators thought (on top of that apparently Romero himself told him that Jacare won just after the fight) and then he would eventually be given a title shot. So, he's also unlucky.

The WW division only consists of two top tier guys and thanks to that Maia got his shot. Woodley's gonna beat him real bad.

Probably Maia. Jacare is great but he's also extremely strong where Maia is all technique.

Random but does anyone know a Shaun Williams? I heard he was really good in the underground scene and his bjj was godly

Maia is not just technique. People who've rolled with him say he is deceptively strong.

Bahahha I went to Maia's wiki to look into his grappling history a little and saw his nickname is listed as "the backpack"

Sherdoggers are exactly the retards that shouldn't be editing wikis lol

There is some serious misunderstanding in this thread: Maia is great and he has fantastic MMA BJJ, also he is one of my favorite fighters. But in pure BJJ credentials he is FAR beyond Jacare or Werdum. He was never an IBJJF world champ nor an ADCC champ.
*behind. Beyond has an opposite meaning in this context. If you;re a native english speaker and simply made a mistake then just ignore this message.

Straight up BJJ?

Jacare then Maia.

All around grappling?

Maia

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back