Who Has Fought The Toughest Competition Upon Entering UFC?

So #13 isn't top 5?

And I looked at it properly, because MMA has been and always will be more than just the UFC. More than half of the top 15 HWs were outside of the UFC at that time. Being a top 10 UFC HW wasn't that impressive, and the fact that Mir wasn't even that proves my point even more.
13 is inside the top 15, which you said Mir was outside of.

We are not discussing who were the top ranked heavyweights in MMA in 2008. We are discussing who fought the best competition upon entering the UFC - "UFC" being the operative word (or acronym). Therefore the rankings of non-UFC fighters have zero relevance to the competition a fighter faced inside the UFC, as the topic title specifies.

And again, you're back-peddling by talking about the "Top 10" when you initially said Mir wouldn't have even been "top 15". Either stick to your initial statement about top 15 or admit you are wrong.

I've provided 3 sources showing Mir to be ranked in the UFC top 5 in 2008 and you've even provided a source for him to be in the top 15. You have zero sources to back your claim.

Jon Jones... dear god how is this even a debate? Lol at Bork..? Man sherdog should be changed to shertard : /

Jon Jones... dear god how is this even a debate? Lol at Bork..? Man sherdog should be changed to shertard : /
You missed the point. The focus was on a fighters first 5 or so fights as soon as they entered the UFC

13 is inside the top 15, which you said Mir was outside of.

We are not discussing who were the top ranked heavyweights in MMA in 2008. We are discussing who fought the best competition upon entering the UFC - "UFC" being the operative word (or acronym). Therefore the rankings of non-UFC fighters have zero relevance to the competition a fighter faced inside the UFC, as the topic title specifies.

And again, you're back-peddling by talking about the "Top 10" when you initially said Mir wouldn't have even been "top 15". Either stick to your initial statement about top 15 or admit you are wrong.

I've provided 3 sources showing Mir to be ranked in the UFC top 5 in 2008 and you've even provided a source for him to be in the top 15. You have zero sources to back your claim.

1. You have provided zero sources that Brock Lesnar fought a top 5 HW on February 2nd, 2008.

2. I provided a source showing Frank Mir as the #24 HW in MMA, #13 in the UFC, a month prior to the fight.

3. 24 is more than 15 and 13 is closer to 15 than it is 5.

4. You're wrong, get over it.

look at the gauntlet JDS had to run. that's about the steepest path to a title that you will ever see.

1. You have provided zero sources that Brock Lesnar fought a top 5 HW on February 2nd, 2008.

2. I provided a source showing Frank Mir as the #24 HW in MMA, #13 in the UFC, a month prior to the fight.

3. 24 is more than 15 and 13 is closer to 15 than it is 5.

4. You're wrong, get over it.
1. I've provided 3 sources showing Mir to be ranked well inside the top 15, and you've also provided a source showing him to be ranked inside the top 15. You have provided zero sources showing Mir to be ranked outside the top 15, as you claimed.

2. That's right you did provide that source, which completely negates your claim that Mir wasn't ranked in the top 15, as being ranked 13th falls inside the top 15. Thanks for that.

3. 13 is inside the top 15. That means you're inside the top 15.

4. I'm correct, which is why I have 4 sources showing Mir to be in the top 15. You're incorrect, which is why you have zero sources showing Mir to be outside the top 15.

1. I've provided 3 sources showing Mir to be ranked well inside the top 15, and you've also provided a source showing him to be ranked inside the top 15. You have provided zero sources showing Mir to be ranked outside the top 15, as you claimed.

2. That's right you did provide that source, which completely negates your claim that Mir wasn't ranked in the top 15, as being ranked 13th falls inside the top 15. Thanks for that.

3. 13 is inside the top 15. That means you're inside the top 15.

4. I'm correct, which is why I have 4 sources showing Mir to be in the top 15. You're incorrect, which is why you have zero sources showing Mir to be outside the top 15.

Lol whatever you say man. You were wrong and can't admit it.

By your logic, GSP lost his title to #1 Matt Serra, not completely unranked Matt Serra.

Lol whatever you say man. You were wrong and can't admit it.

By your logic, GSP lost his title to #1 Matt Serra, not completely unranked Matt Serra.
The small issue you have with saying that theory is the fact that all evidence says I'm right while you have absolutely nothing to back your assertion.

The small issue you have with saying that theory is the fact that all evidence says I'm right while you have absolutely nothing to back your assertion.

At no point in this discussion have you been right about anything. You're wrong and you cling to me saying Frank Mir wasn't top 5 or even top 15. I posted a link that has Mir ranked 24th on Jan 1st, 2008. That's all the proof I need to bolster my statement.

At no point in this discussion have you been right about anything. You're wrong and you cling to me saying Frank Mir wasn't top 5 or even top 15. I posted a link that has Mir ranked 24th on Jan 1st, 2008. That's all the proof I need to bolster my statement.
24th in world MMA rankings, which is irrelevant. 13th in UFC rankings, along with 3 other sources putting him inside the top 5.

I don’t like the Lesnar pick. Sure they were top fighters but Mir was never the good, neither was HH, Randy was shot, Carwin being the only real impressive win for me in his resume. The HW division was shit then and kept being that way until junior and Cain graced us with their presence. Then it went to shit again.

I’ll jist throw a different name in just to ruffle shit up.

Mousasi

Your sources were after their fight, not before. How can you not comprehend this?
The source you provided was before the fight. The 3 I provided were directly after the fight, showing Mir to be top 5. Do you think that Mir beating an unranked fighter propelled him from being outside the top 15 into the top 5?

Babalu:

1st UFC fights: Maurice, Randleman,Chuck,Elvis
One of my fav fighters of all time. He beat Shogun and Horn both in the same night. Its too bad he was basically tailor made to get KO'D by Chuck Liddell

The source you provided was before the fight. The 3 I provided were directly after the fight, showing Mir to be top 5. Do you think that Mir beating an unranked fighter propelled him from being outside the top 15 into the top 5?

When you say someone is top 5 when someone fights them, you use the rankings pre fight, not post fight.

Here's the same site I posted from April 1st, 2008. He's #22, so no, it didn't propel him into the top 5 after beating a 1-0 unranked fighter.

http://www.fightmatrix.com/historic...ated-historical-rankings/?Issue=74&Division=1

Back