Who has better kicks?

Not sure why Vitor turned back to his right - perhaps he was trying to do a spinning back fist?
Spinning backfist is possible with either hand from there depending on the footwork, although I've never seen Vitor even attempt an SBF before, but my guess is that he was probably trying to return to southpaw stance before realizing that Rockhold had been kayoed.

Spinning backfist is possible with the right hand from there although I've never seen Vitor even throw one, but my guess is that he was probably trying to return to southpaw stance before realizing that Rockhold had been Rockholded.

Fixed.

Could be that back fist opportunity, but typically wouldnt you want to follow through your entire kick back to starting point... maybe he was hung up and this was a run away type response if Rockhold didnt get Rockholded...

I would say Belfort, but Luke has great kicks as well

Silent311 said:
Could be that back fist opportunity, but typically wouldnt you want to follow through your entire kick back to starting point... maybe he was hung up and this was a run away type response if Rockhold didnt get Rockholded...
Typically, yes, you would want to turn through. It is possible to do that in a traditional TKD style spinning hook kick, where you step across yourself with the lead leg and then just turn through, with the goal being to end facing the opponent with the leg you just kicked with back into stance behind you.

However, Vitor's is a little different. He just turns without stepping (perhaps because his lead foot is already completely bladed) then extends his hips all the way through in a massive 180 degree kick that ends squarely on Luke's jaw as opposed to going through it. Unorthodox, but clearly effective.

They fought and Luke got ko'd with a head kick. There is your answer.

Spinning backfist is possible with either hand from there depending on the footwork, although I've never seen Vitor even attempt an SBF before, but my guess is that he was probably trying to return to southpaw stance before realizing that Rockhold had been kayoed.

Yeah, I think you could be right. Vitor fights in southpaw.

Back