Who has better BJJ and standup between Big Nog and Werdum?

Werdum should be able to (T)KO Big Nog on the feet. I think Werdum is much quicker and would tag him.

But I agree that Big Nog has the better boxing, while Werdum has the better Muay Thai/BJJ

Jesus christ buddy READ

The effectiveness scores play out for Werdum 204-174, and the extrapolated ten-point must scoring also favors Werdum 29-28.As expected, the punching volume favors Werdum as well. He outlanded Overeem in every category, with the exception of body shots: 62-46 total strikes, 43-32 significant strikes, 51-31 head strikes.

Overeem landed harder while Werdum landed more. Decision was correct, both looked like shit.

Honestly, I think the verdict is still out on how improved Werdum's standup is. He looked good against Nelson, but it's just Nelson, the guy's built to absorb damage.

Nog i think has better boxing and head movement, while Werdum has better Muy Thai.

BJJ edge goes to Werdum, but i doubt it goes to the ground.

Russow KO'd...

I watched the fight. I would have scored it for Werdum if Wedrum didnt flop around like a homosexual prison inmate begging for butt love. But I agree, both looked like shit.

I watched the fight. I would have scored it for Werdum if Wedrum didnt flop around like a homosexual prison inmate begging for butt love. But I agree, both looked like shit.

Agreed. That fight should never be discussed in a positive light for either fighter.

heck werdum and bigfoot need much more fights for 2013.... at least 3-4 and each !

Werdum is literally the definition of "world class" when it comes to submission grappling. He is leagues ahead of Nog in this category. Werdum's striking seems to be constantly improving and mixes up strikes better than Nog.

Nog is a legend of the sport but Werdum would beat him if they fought again.

Werdum has a black belt in Muay Thai from Raphael Cordeiro (although there's no real ranking system so I never understood that)

And of course his technical BJJ is better than Nog, but you can never count Nog out

Werdum has way better BJJ and Nog is only a little better on the feet. Nowadays its closer with Nog looking on the decline and Werdum possessing more striking tools outside of just boxing.

I think the fact Overeem was unable to do anything to Werdum on the feet says a lot, flopping or not. Would Nog survive standing with Overeem?

This easily goes to Wetdum nowadays and Nog is one of my all-time favs

Werdum Better at both, he mixes up his striking more than Nog.

I'm stoked for this fight as I'm a fan of both of them. For some reason I think Nog's going to win it

This will be a debate muddied up by 'what have you done for me lately' syndrome.

Back