Who gets the next crack at GSP if he wins vs Hendricks?

Maia should get the next fight if he beats Shields. Let Condit/Brown winner face Rory/Lawler winner to determine the next Number One Contender after that.

Maia or Brown probably, just because they're fresh contenders that aren't Rory.

thats a great question the division is so deep i think if macdonald is granted a title shot gsp will retire in an attempt to pass the torch but i dont think macdonald is possesses the same skill or domunance as the.champ so after macdonald is defeated gsp comes back to avenge thats a pretty badass theory

There is no clear contender at welterweight at the moment.

Who makes the best case with a win?

#2 Condit va #10 Brown

#3 MacDonald vs #8 Lawler

#4 Maia vs # Shields

Condit winning would not be enough to warrant a rematch, Shields is out of the picture.

MacDonald stated he would never fight GSP.

If Brown or Lawler get KO/TKO or Maia submits Shields

Who would make the best case for a title shot?

Chael sonn... OOppse. =)

Maia is interesting. He brings some very different skills to the table.

I think Rory would fight GSP.... Just a feeling. But for now, i think you give Rory Condit if he wins. Winner of that fight get's GSP. If GSP clears out Maia and Rory / Condit that is pretty much all he has left at Welterweight. There is Askren... So they i way i see it GSP has 3 fights max. Would take about 2 years for that to play out. Maybe then he finally starts thinking about "superights", but i doubt it.

Are there any middleweights who could cut to 170?

lombard showing strong with knockiuts could rise up in the rankings fast his image helps as well

If Maia ragdolls Shields, I hope he gets the title shot.

What is it with people who want fighters to retire ? Let the man do it what he wants.

Back