Who gets the next crack at GSP if he wins vs Hendricks?

If Maia beats Shields, I can see him being next. Condit/Brown and Rory/Lawler HAS to result in a title-eliminator fight between the winners to see who gets the shot after Maia.

Let Maia deal with Shields first.

This entire thread is based upon a hypothetical win for GSP over Hendricks so as long as we're down that road, why shouldn't we give Maia a win for his next fight as well ?

GSP is going to move to 185 I think.

Rory vs Condit for the 170 belt

Maia would be good if it hit the ground

There is no clear contender at welterweight at the moment.

Who makes the best case with a win?

#2 Condit va #10 Brown

#3 MacDonald vs #8 Lawler

#4 Maia vs # Shields

Condit winning would not be enough to warrant a rematch, Shields is out of the picture.

MacDonald stated he would never fight GSP.

If Brown or Lawler get KO/TKO or Maia submits Shields

Who would make the best case for a title shot?

Good question. It depends on method of victory; if Brown were to finish Condit it would unequivocally be him. Condit shouldn't get the rematch yet no matter what he does in that fight.

I honestly don't think Rory should get it with a win over Lawler (unless he wins super impressively). As good as Rory is, let's not forget his biggest win was that shitty, shitty fight against Ellenberger; and yes, beating Jake is bigger than beating an old, bloated LW. I think a finish over Rory, coupled with his finish over Kos, would be solid grounds for a Lawler title shot (if Brown loses or wins unconvincingly/boringly and Maia loses or wins by decision).

If Maia finishes Shields he should get the shot unless Brown finishes Condit or Lawler finishes Rory. A Maia finish win and a brown decision victory would be a toss-up for title shot imo. Even if Shields finishes Maia, I think he needs more wins to warrant that rematch.

If Brown, Lawler, and Maia should all win by either decision or finish I think priority should be given to Brown then Lawler then Maia. If they should all lose then it should be Rory.

If Condit, Rory, and Maia won I would argue for Maia (although it would be a toss-up between him and Rory MacDonald if the latter won by finish and the former won by decision).

Sorry for the verbose, convoluted response lol. Once I got going I couldn't stop.

Hopefully someone reads it haha.

GSP should retire on a winning streak. If he beats Hendricks then maybe one or two more fights and hang em up.

I see Ben askrin talking his way into that fight

If Brown wins in exciting fashion and Maia wins in boring fashion I think they'll give the shot to Brown. Rory is deserving if he beats Lawler, but I don't see them making that fight yet.

I like Maia for the fight.

If Maia wins against JS, then he's earned it.

It would also fall in with the situation with Rory and GSP: it might take longer to make that fight, and it would also allow the UFC longer to build that fight up.

Maia makes most sense, I think.

Maia will get the next shot if he doesn't fuck up against Shields.

Rory. enought already with this "we are friends".

or Maia if he beat Shields.

Gsp/Hendricks vs Maia assuming he beats sheilds.

Brown/condit vs Rory/Robbie gets next shot.

If jake wins then probably condit if he wins.

If GSP wins then I think Maia gets the title shot assuming he beats Shields in a manner that is acceptable to Dana and the fans. If he doesn't impress them than I believe the UFC would offer it to the winner of Rory vs Robbie. Only if Rory won and declined could I see Condit getting another crack at GSP so soon.

If Johny wins, I think they would give Rory the first crack at the belt assuming he beat Robbie.

Back