Who else wants to see Cormier vs Phil Davis?

crickets_188x166.jpg

I think Jones would destroy Cormier if it's his first fight a LHW. If he can get passed Phil Davis who has great wrestling is young and athletic then he should fight Jones. Anyone else agree?

do u really hate davis so much ??

Do people realize that Cormier would likely be a very small LHW?

Because of his kidney issues he cannot risk cutting much weight. That means that he would have to lose size and weight naturally and get within a small cut to make LHW. I am thinking 215 max and maybe even lighter.

Until we see how Cormier does at LHW people should not assume too much. He may well be fighting at LHW smaller then some bigger MW's fight at MW on fight night at 215 or less.

Rather have Cormier face Rashad. Rashad is Davis but better in every way except submissions. Cormier and Rashad are similar fighters, but Cormier comes to bang more. I think Cormier would beat both of them if he could make 205 without issues.

Because of his kidney issues he cannot risk cutting much weight. That means that he would have to lose size and weight naturally and get within a small cut to make LHW. I am thinking 215 max and maybe even lighter.

Until we see how Cormier does at LHW people should not assume too much. He may well be fighting at LHW smaller then some bigger MW's fight at MW on fight night at 215 or less.

Your right about him not being a large LHW. He's about the same height as Evans (1/2" shorter). The kidney issues were related to large weight cuts in a short time period. If he diets properly over a couple of months and lowers his BMI he should be fine.

Yes, he may give a bit of weight.

But at the same time, he was always giving weight at HW, too.
Including 10 lbs vs Barnett.

And Barnett is an elite grappler.
And at HW, a lot of Cormier's weight was fat.

I think Jones would destroy Cormier if it's his first fight a LHW. If he can get passed Phil Davis who has great wrestling is young and athletic then he should fight Jones. Anyone else agree?

this fight means time to go take a piss and i won't miss anything

I like both those fighters, so I wouldn't want them to fight each other. I say, just put Cormier against JJ while the hype is with Cormier. Who else should JJ fight? ...Hopefully Hendo or Cormier after Chael.

Cormier is different though, he just has that strong core. Rampage had that same thing.

I don't think anyone wants to see this. Cormier would smoke Davis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back