Who else carries a blade at all times?

I usually do but that's because I tend to hang out near campfires and the forest and shit. Knives are so handy.

I don't understand your point at all. Unless you have mystical mental powers and can sense when you are going to need your knife for defense or other emergency situations, you need to carry your knife on you all the time. Otherwise it may not be there when you need it. It is always better to be prepared, and if you do not want to draw your knife you don't have to do so.

i can't envisage myself getting into a situation that requires me to pull out a kbar to be honest
id rather let them have my mobile phone and watch than have a star trekesque knife fight

to trudge i carry a knife because i cant carry a gun, i would much rather have a sub compact .45 with hollow points. but anyways i carry because ive been jumped by 3 dudes because they thought i tried to hit their car. they knocked me down and started kicking me. dislocated my jaw and i thought they were going to kill me. and that was the worst time. ive gotten jumped a few other times for shit that was totally out of my zone. i was able to run a few times but you cant always run. i now carry a knife, and a bic pen. i would like to see the next person who tries to kick me get away with their leg. some people have legitaite reasons to carry.

I have a variety of knives from Cold Steel and individual knife makers that they distribute for. Depending where I'm going, I'll throw in a boot knife (SRK or one of the others) but this is usually just backup to my Glock 23
My blade is my backup to my Smith & Wesson .357.:icon_chee

to trudge i carry a knife because i cant carry a gun, i would much rather have a sub compact .45 with hollow points. but anyways i carry because ive been jumped by 3 dudes because they thought i tried to hit their car. they knocked me down and started kicking me. dislocated my jaw and i thought they were going to kill me. and that was the worst time. ive gotten jumped a few other times for shit that was totally out of my zone. i was able to run a few times but you cant always run. i now carry a knife, and a bic pen. i would like to see the next person who tries to kick me get away with their leg. some people have legitaite reasons to carry.

thats not a legite reason though for me!
say you are out of your depth again, those same three lads jump you again.
you pull a blade and slash one across the leg meaning his night is over, do you think the other lads will run away or do you think they will be prepared to go further than they were previously going to?
if you pull a blade on me, and i somehow manage to get that blade from you or you drop it or something, im gonna do absolutely everything in my power to either kill you or stop you from ever being able to pull a blade on anyone ever again

your story sounds like a shitty one and to be fair you seem like you've had worse luck that 99% of people but pulling a blade can get you killed

A stilleto on the weekends, a nice gerber for day to day use during the week. But, I'm from redneck land, so having a knife is a rule and not an exception.

thats not a legite reason though for me!
say you are out of your depth again, those same three lads jump you again.
you pull a blade and slash one across the leg meaning his night is over, do you think the other lads will run away or do you think they will be prepared to go further than they were previously going to?
if you pull a blade on me, and i somehow manage to get that blade from you or you drop it or something, im gonna do absolutely everything in my power to either kill you or stop you from ever being able to pull a blade on anyone ever again

your story sounds like a shitty one and to be fair you seem like you've had worse luck that 99% of people but pulling a blade can get you killed

so can not pulling a blade, either way your fucked. and i would absolutely rather take out as many of them as i can. if one guy drops and cannot walk and his 2 friends dont stop what they are doing and take a step back. then imo it has become life or death. either way im now much much much more trained in non armed combat than i was when i had gotten jumped. so i doubt that i'll have to use a blade because im able to create distance and just take off running. and like i had stated earlier in the thread. i dont go out and just use my knife in any altercation that i get in. first i try to not get into a fight, second if im getting in a fight i try to calm the situation down, and if that doesnt work i try to run. if all else fails that usually means i have to fight.

I carry a blade for everyday cutting. A good knife is one of the most important tools a man can have. I own alot of knives but stick to smaller knives for everyday carry like the Spyderco Delica or Tenacious, since they wont get you in alot of trouble since they have smaller blades.

I never had to use knives as weapons since firstly, they ll get you in alot of shit and secondly they can back fire on you horribly (ie making a fist fight a fight to the death). I do security at various downtown nightclubs and never had to resort to my blade, i usually let my hands, knees and elbows and on one occasion my asp do the talking for me.

Of course if your getting jumped by 10 guys a person should resort to using his knife for self defense, but how often does that happen if a person stays out of trouble, bad neighbourhoods and goes out with sufficient backup (ie friends) Not to sound like a pussy but its true.

knives offer very little stopping power. of cource, if you have a knife in a fist fight you'd be at an advantage, but a .22 offers small stopping power so a knife would be very little. there's people that have been stabbed 50-70 times and not one stab wound was fatal, they end up bleeding to death.

This is quite possibley one of the spupidest comments I've ever seen on this board. A 7 inch blade punctering your lungs and a 22 calibur bullet has nothing to do with each other. :icon_neut Blades and bullets are very different in how they perform on flesh and blood. People have been shot numerous times with high powered rifles and assault weapons and still lived... that means guns offer very litte stopping power huh? It's about hitting the vitals with anything, even if you have a 500 magnum. You put your blade through somebodys heart, lungs or liver, or even cutting the throat... they're most likely gonna die.

"there's people that have been stabbed 50-70 times and not one stab wound was fatal, they end up bleeding to death"

lol If they died from bleeding to death as a result of being stabbed... is that not a fatal stab wound? Afterall they are dead. :rolleyes:

And for every stab victim that doesn't die from their wounds, there are numerous others that do.

Carry a Spyderco Endura (but broke the tip) so I'm carrying a SOG Flash til I find a replacement folder - Only problem with the SOG Flash is it has spring inside of it and flips open as soon as you try to open it....
Unfortunately, that's illegal in Ontario....I could get it confiscated by the cops if they found it on me...
Oh yeah...Also carry a Emerson Commander which I temporarily misplaced (hopefully) and its somewhere in my apartment (hopefully)...

I have a Sypderco Lum (Tanto Blade) that I used to carry but they don't make that model anymore so I keep it at home....Really love that knive and would be heart broken if I lost it....

I have a bunch of other folders like the Cold Steel Voyager and the Syperdco Police but I don't take them out...

Use the knives for utility purposes and if it came down to it self defense....

i have a couple blades stashed away in different places...but i usually have an old skool og butterfly knife or a switchblade on me...i took the butterfly knife out at work to use it as a box cutter...and it scared the shit outta the bosses wife...she screamed like bloody murder...i was thinkin...dayum...she must be a screamer in bed...no but it just comes in handy when you need it...and besides...you can never be too careful with all these crackheads runnin around nowdays...:icon_twis

I just got my delica in the mail, my new everyday carry, vg-10 steel is sharp as hell.

6751.jpg

i have this exact knife. an extremely reliable tool...
used to carry a balisong all the time.

qft...I always have a knife on me for work, mostly for cutting open boxes and shit.
k1060a.jpg

6751.jpg

Is that the Gerber Gator II? I've got one of those, but it's too big for me to carry everyday to my office job. I carry it hiking or camping or whatever. It's sharp and sturdy and I love it. I carry a small Buck folder for everyday use, which for me is opening letters and simple stuff like that. It's there if I need it though.

I've been rocking a Spyderco Delica for years. I'm always worried about loosing the damn thing, but still have it to this day.

I just got an Endura 4. Jesus is that thing huge, my new everyday carry.

I have one I keep mostly in my glove box, but depending on the type of place I am (aka bar/club that doesn't ****l detect) I will slip the 2 incher in my back pocket just in case shit.

Back