Who else carries a blade at all times?

is a bic pen really legit for SD...pretty intresting, i need to look into that..I carry a mini maglight with the demensions as a kubaton...for some reason the thought of carrying a blade worries me

Kershaw Leek.

It's a great knife.

I usally carry a cold steel ti-lite, it's like an old school stilleto/switchblade, but with more modern day features.

Is it really a good idea to carry a knife everywhere you go though. It must look mighty bad to 1. Be involved in an altercation and police find a knife on you 2. To have to stab someone

is a bic pen really legit for SD...pretty intresting, i need to look into that..I carry a mini maglight with the demensions as a kubaton...for some reason the thought of carrying a blade worries me

well look at it this way. i've literally seen someone DIE from getting stabbed by a bic pen in a fight. hence one of the main reason i carry one. there are big downfalls to carrying one though. like its easily bendable, has no slicing ability, and really isnt all that frightening(which actually can go both ways). if i can i will deploy my blade first, however if you lose your blade or something then you have a second weapon that most people wont think to use against you. i could go on and on. but as i stated before it is my absolute LAST line of defense. so i would say yes, as a last line of defense it is a legit thing to carry.

and to the person above me. yes it is a terrible thing to have to stab someone. however if they are honestly trying to hurt me and making it a life or death situation then what would you do? kill or be killed isnt really a cliche in those situations.

I carry a blade at all times. I actually had it forged from steel I bought at one of the mills when they were closing down. This guy forged it for me per my specification. It is full tang with an oak handle. I had it made so that if it goes in and you twist the handle, the wound won't close and the bleeding won't stop on its own.
<br></br>
This is a little off topic but I was reading this story online about Rikidozan, the famous Japanese wrestler. One of his Yakuza enemies stabbed him with a knife that had been urinated on and he died because of it. Can that really happen?

I carry a folding knife in my pocket at all times, unless I'm going some place with ****l detectors.

I carry a small Buck folder, probably a 2 inch blade.

I carry a blade at all times. I actually had it forged from steel I bought at one of the mills when they were closing down. This guy forged it for me per my specification. It is full tang with an oak handle. I had it made so that if it goes in and you twist the handle, the wound won't close and the bleeding won't stop on its own.
<br></br>
This is a little off topic but I was reading this story online about Rikidozan, the famous Japanese wrestler. One of his Yakuza enemies stabbed him with a knife that had been urinated on and he died because of it. Can that really happen?

Last I knew urine was pretty much sterile

when i get a ccw, i plan to be strapped at all times. glock 36, glock 30, or glock 26.

it scares me that theres crazy people carrying knives around and thinkin its normal to talk about it on an internet forum!

honest to god, i know the usa is different to the uk, but carrying a knife round for self protection is like wearing a condom without a date!

you are actually limiting your options in a fight to be honest, if somebody kicks off and you pull a blade you HAVE to use it because the other fella will think that you will. that means a simple street fight can turn into a full on fight to the death!

(obviously if you carry a knife for work purposes then ignore these comments, this is purely aimed at the self defence wierdos)

it scares me that theres crazy people carrying knives around and thinkin its normal to talk about it on an internet forum!

honest to god, i know the usa is different to the uk, but carrying a knife round for self protection is like wearing a condom without a date!

you are actually limiting your options in a fight to be honest, if somebody kicks off and you pull a blade you HAVE to use it because the other fella will think that you will. that means a simple street fight can turn into a full on fight to the death!

(obviously if you carry a knife for work purposes then ignore these comments, this is purely aimed at the self defence wierdos)

not necessarily...I always carry my folder with me but not really for self-defense.. more as a tool. If I get into an altercation, first thing I'll do is just try to walk or talk my way out of it... if that doens't work and I'm forced to defend myself, I won't be grabbing my knife for several reasons. One, if its only one guy, I'm trained in muay thai and know how to keep my distance with leg kicks and teeps, Jabs if I have to but I don't want to break my hand. Two, while I can open my knife one-handed and fairly fast, its still time for the other guy to close distance and harm me while I'm focused on doing something else. Three, if I do get it out and use it on him... theres no guarantee that I won't seriously maim or even kill that person. So while I might win the fight.. I'll be going to jail for a LONG time if I use it in a lethal manner.

In firearm training they say you should never pull your gun unless your prepared to take someones life with it... I think this is true for knives as well... I'll use it only as a last resort if my life is truly threatened.

Also.. there are better improvised weapons out there than a knife that are "safer", chairs, tables, wallet chains, necklaces, umbrellas, even a coat or jacket is a great offensive/defensive weapon.
and all the above mentioned things have much greater reach and versatility than a knife while not being as deadly and wound inflicting as a blade.

While there may be some stupid "rambo teens" in here trying to act tough and believe they will "cut a bitch up" if they get looked at wrong... most are harmless retards trying to act tough. The psychological trauma that stabbing and cutting another human being and have them bleed all over you is huge...even if its justified self-defense... just read some self-defense stories online or at some knife forums... its not pretty. Just think about how much a punch to the head can bleed and the blood loss from that... now imagine that but about 10x more blood.

I used to work for Busse Combat Knife Co as an apprentice and Jerry Bussy, the owner, was telling me about this guy who used one of his knives to kill this intruder who broke into his house late at night... The dude was shitting himself as hes holding this knife hiding right behind the doorframe and as the guy walks though the homeowner screams and slashes blindly at the intruder... right across his stomach... turns out the intruder was just some stupid HS kid, didn't know anyone was home... only now his intestines are spilling out in front of him and hes trying to hold them in with his hands as he falls to his knees and slowly dies... the guy was traumatized for life.. he said the worst part was the look on the guys face... one of total shock and wide eyes as his guts just spill out...

*shudder*

I may carry a knife at all times and yes, I will use it in self defense if I HAVE to, but I'll gladly lose a one-on-one fight and take a small beating if it means we both get to live.

Best,

Kokoro

kokoro you are the exception to the rule to be honest.
as i said though, you dont take your knife out for self protection. you take it out because you might need it t o jimmy open your front door or whatever, so thats fair enough.
there are more than a few nut jobs out there now though.
im just worried that it seems acceptable to take a knife out in case shit hits the fan.
these teenagers need to realise that a good fight when your young enough to recover from a broken nose, jaw, hand etc can be a good learning experience
knifing somebody is a LIFE changing experience!
when i was younger the best thing that happened to me was getting the shit kicked out of me by bouncers
it straightened my cocky ass out!
haha

knives offer very little stopping power. of cource, if you have a knife in a fist fight you'd be at an advantage, but a .22 offers small stopping power so a knife would be very little. there's people that have been stabbed 50-70 times and not one stab wound was fatal, they end up bleeding to death.

obviously though, if the knife is placed in a vital area it can do damage.

I don't understand your point at all. Unless you have mystical mental powers and can sense when you are going to need your knife for defense or other emergency situations, you need to carry your knife on you all the time. Otherwise it may not be there when you need it. It is always better to be prepared, and if you do not want to draw your knife you don't have to do so.

I personally carry a blade at work (I'm a letter carrier) to use as an absolute last resort against dog attacks when the spray and strikes fail. I'm not into harming or killing animals, but if it comes down to a dog or me, I'm walking away alive. Otherwise, I feel carrying a blade carries with it too much potential for trouble if you do get into a confrontation.

I used to work for Busse Combat Knife Co as an apprentice and Jerry Bussy, the owner, was telling me about this guy who used one of his knives to kill this intruder who broke into his house late at night... The dude was shitting himself as hes holding this knife hiding right behind the doorframe and as the guy walks though the homeowner screams and slashes blindly at the intruder... right across his stomach... turns out the intruder was just some stupid HS kid, didn't know anyone was home... only now his intestines are spilling out in front of him and hes trying to hold them in with his hands as he falls to his knees and slowly dies... the guy was traumatized for life.. he said the worst part was the look on the guys face... one of total shock and wide eyes as his guts just spill out...

*shudder*

I may carry a knife at all times and yes, I will use it in self defense if I HAVE to, but I'll gladly lose a one-on-one fight and take a small beating if it means we both get to live.

Best,

Kokoro

good comment here...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back