who do you thinkis the goat boxing wise

It pains me to say but probably Lennox Lewis.. He had everything under Stewart. Before Stewart very rough technically (haymakers as right hands) but also unbeliably talented. ..

He even showed against Vitali that he can brawl. Without a doubt the most versatile boxer we've had.

IMO we never got to see Ali in his prime. This might be an easy question if he didn’t lose his boxing license for those years.

If we are talking about modern day boxers, Floyd’s a GOAT for sure.
If we are talking about modern day boxers, Floyd’s a GOAT for sure.
I can't rate a guy as GOAT who has basically had every fight as champion in his backyard with the ref stopping every even half clinch and the judges/crowd/commision on his side.

Same goes for Canelo with all his bullshit catchweights and dodgy decisions (and PEDs).

Real GOATs dont need to play games.

I can't rate a guy as GOAT who has basically had every fight as champion in his backyard with the ref stopping every even half clinch and the judges/crowd/commision on his side.

Same goes for Canelo with all his bullshit catchweights and dodgy decisions (and PEDs).

Real GOATs dont need to play games.

Whom do you see as GOAT, from modern-day guys, then? I have some favourites, too, but, speaking 100% honestly, only Floyd seems like GOAT one, even if I don’t like his fights or/and personality.

Whom do you see as GOAT, from modern-day guys, then? I have some favourites, too, but, speaking 100% honestly, only Floyd seems like GOAT one, even if I don’t like his fights or/and personality.

I realise I wasn't asked, but I think Pacquaio was the best of their era. Apart from a lock out loss to Marquez, he has only lost bullshit decisions + the Floyd fight, which while not complete bullshit, was Floyd with all the typical Floyd advantages, namely Kenny Bayless who has actually interrupted action just because Floyd was getting punched (lol) and even by the end of the fight, Pacquaio had probably actually landed more all while having a torn shoulder that took away his main weapon.

It's a very difficult question and I am minded to say there is no such thing as "the" GOAT only a shortlist (especially at the heavier weights).

Of the fighters I have personally watched over the last 20 years with enough convincing wins against top opposition without any bullshit (no particular order):

RJJ
Pacman
Calzaghe
GGG
Hopkins

I think any of those guys have proven they can go to any country any time and beat any fighter legitimately (and at multiple weights). No ducking opponents whose style may be difficult, no waiting till rivals are old/beat up, no bullshit reffing, no dodgy judging, no catch-weight nonsense and no general game playing. Just straight up fighters.

It's a very difficult question and I am minded to say there is no such thing as "the" GOAT only a shortlist (especially at the heavier weights).

I think there's a lot of truth to this. In MMA I think the clearest 'GOAT' is Fedor based purely on achievement, but it's also a much younger sport. MMA is much more prone to fad 'GOATS' too. There was a point in time where people were adamant Anderson Silva was the best fighter of all time, and people were jumping the gun to say that Pettis was the best lightweight the sport had ever seen.

I think boxing is a lot more argument based, because while most people will say Sugar Ray Robinson, so few people who would claim him have actually seen him fight - let alone a large body of his work. I'd probably be inclined to say him too (aside from my Ali and Pep suggestions earlier) but I can only go off the fights I've seen that were actually documented.

And then if you're in Thailand, you'll see a guy with a record of '250' fights or something like that, but the numbers are usually made up + most fighters don't know their record

Of the fighters I have personally watched over the last 20 years with enough convincing wins against top opposition without any bullshit (no particular order):

RJJ
Pacman
Calzaghe
GGG
Hopkins

I think any of those guys have proven they can go to any country any time and beat any fighter legitimately (and at multiple weights). No ducking opponents whose style may be difficult, no waiting till rivals are old/beat up, no bullshit reffing, no dodgy judging, no catch-weight nonsense and no general game playing. Just straight up fighters.

For me, it’s:
Pac
RJJ
Tszyu
Hopkins

It’s actually funny that you mentioned Triple G. Here, he’s seen by most boxing fans as can-beater :).

If e are talking about the goat by looks
It’s sergio Martinez
OIP.mLuWenjlnP8M3vK2zaQ-oAHaEK

Except that it is one of the most debated topics in sports.
I hear ya ...Cause there’s no way to quantify a “ greatest “ ever in any sport cept in rare occasions cause you can use any metrics to justify an opinion..

RJJ is the best boxer i've ever seen. His prime was legendary!

Tyson, he's the real TBE. He was absolutely unstoppable I'm his prime, and was winning by KO in the first few rounds the majority of the time when he was in his prime.

It's great to win, but I think how they won should be taken into consideration.

His style was ferocious and his defense was impregnable and he wanted to eat his opponents hearts. Dude was the real deal and brought the fight.

Tyson, he's the real TBE. He was absolutely unstoppable I'm his prime, and was winning by KO in the first few rounds the majority of the time when he was in his prime.

It's great to win, but I think how they won should be taken into consideration.

His style was ferocious and his defense was impregnable and he wanted to eat his opponents hearts. Dude was the real deal and brought the fight.

Dude also existed in one of the most stagnant periods in Heavyweight history. His prime lasted 2 years. Compared to the Klitschko's who were also in a stagnant era but lasted 10 years each or Roy Jones Jr Mike Tyson is a blip on the radar of history. A flash in the pan who brought the future to boxing when it was still in the past (i.e when he knocked Trevor Berbick into the future). He was the new era heavyweight. But by no means was he the best in history.
Future generations will talk about Ali, Fraser and Foreman but when they talk about Tyson he'll be the guy who once bit an opponents ear and Roy Jones will be the guy who fought his way into retardation.

Dude also existed in one of the most stagnant periods in Heavyweight history. His prime lasted 2 years. Compared to the Klitschko's who were also in a stagnant era but lasted 10 years each or Roy Jones Jr Mike Tyson is a blip on the radar of history. A flash in the pan who brought the future to boxing when it was still in the past (i.e when he knocked Trevor Berbick into the future). He was the new era heavyweight. But by no means was he the best in history.
Future generations will talk about Ali, Fraser and Foreman but when they talk about Tyson he'll be the guy who once bit an opponents ear and Roy Jones will be the guy who fought his way into retardation.

You know who I don't see spoken about much is sugar ray Leonard

Back