Who do you think won Jon Jones VS Alexander Gustafsson?

I wonder what will happen to Ughugh if Gustafsson loses badly though, that scenario has an e-suicide written all over it.

giphy.gif

Haha geez. I'm so far under their skins it's getting creepy.

i0X1cMkrSQhK6.gif

The fans still agree wholeheartedly on this, get over it.

Interesting I picked Gus. I don't even remember voting in this poll. Needa lay off the pills.

I thought Gus did an amazing Job, he really took it to Jones. I also think that the decision being given to Jones was terrible in the long run as well, since alot of the hype for the rematch (E.G. EA Cover) has been hurt & who knows maybe Cormier wins & they never fight. O well, MMA judging is like a box of chocolates I guess :p.

i honestly thought jones won and i thought gus would get the win. and i thought it was close enough to go either way really

it was a good fight. hope they do it again one day

and looking at the poll i think that sherdog's weirdness about jones is a big reason so many voted for gus. i can't imagine press scores being this much in favor of gus

and looking at the poll i think that sherdog's weirdness about jones is a big reason so many voted for gus. i can't imagine press scores being this much in favor of gus

The media scores were largely in favour of Jones. Some even (comically) had the fight 50-45, MMATorch definitely did.

I still think the result was Gus, 49-47. He won the first three (some more narrowly than others. *as an aside it still bugs me that two close rounds are often split, even if the same guy won both by a small margin*) the fourth was drawn and the fifth was Jones. I could have handled a draw with one of the first three - I think #2 - being very, very close, in which case 48-48 would have been acceptable.

Love that Hunterscreed busted out this gem again! Too bad Gus was injured, seeing Gus and Jones fight again would have been amazing.

Last edited:
The media scores were unanimously in favour of Jones. Some even (comically) had the fight 50-45, MMATorch definitely did.

I still think the result was Gus, 49-47. He won the first three (some more narrowly than others. *as an aside it still bugs me that two close rounds are often split, even if the same guy won both by a small margin*) the fourth was drawn and the fifth was Jones. I could have handled a draw with one of the first three - I think #2 - being very, very close, in which case 48-48 would have been acceptable.
lol at 50-45 jones. now that i think about it i think i remember rooting for gus a little bit (not to sound like a jerk, love jones, but i also love a good underdog and he was lookin sharp)

i might rewatch one of these days cuz now that i think about it i think i scored it a draw (HAF sorry if im rambling)

it was an awesome fight at the end of the night. gus showed awesome skill and jones finally got to show some real grit and heart

Jon Jones is the champ, if you go to decision in the ufc in championship fight, the winner is usually the champ. I am not surprised.

These poll results show how irrational most Sherdoggers really are. I'm out.

Order of operations for Sherdog brojudging:

1. Was BJ Penn in the fight? Then BJ won.

If not: 2. Was Nick Diaz in the fight? Then Nick won.

If not: 3. Is it a title fight? Then the challenger won.

4. Rewatch fight and follow steps 1 through 3 again, then post it on Sherdog.

Very true. The poll should read...who is the more popular fighter on this forum Gus or Jones. There are too many haters for Jones to win that poll.

The overwhelming majority of MMA professional judges scored it for Jones. I am glad that its not a Sherdog favorite judge panel that decides who wins fights.

I'm really surprised at the sherdog bias here. The majority of media outlets scored it for Jones. It shows how this website just has some fighters they love and some they hate.

I'm really surprised at the sherdog bias here. The majority of media outlets scored it for Jones. It shows how this website just has some fighters they love and some they hate.

That is what it basically comes down to.

Back