Who do you think won Jon Jones VS Alexander Gustafsson?

I give Jones shit, justifiably, but not a hater.

That was a damn close fight, and when it's that damn close I'm not a fan of crowning a new champ. Gus should have put him away, and I bet that's his aim in the rematch.

If you live my the scorecards, you'll die by the scorecards.

I give Jones shit, justifiably, but not a hater.

That was a damn close fight, and when it's that damn close I'm not a fan of crowning a new champ. Gus should have put him away, and I bet that's his aim in the rematch.

If you live my the scorecards, you'll die by the scorecards.

Exactly, you have to take the belt to win it, not some close split decision.

I wasn't scoring the fight I was just watching so maybe if I rewatched with the intent of scoring I'd see it different. But I thought Gus won the first 3 and Jones won the last 2.

Exactly, you have to take the belt to win it, not some close split decision.

No..... no no no no no. You have to win the fight. That's it. This BS "You have to ___ while winning to get the belt" is ridiculous and insults the sport as a whole.

The moment the Champ enters the cage he gives up his belt until he proves he still deserves it. That's why he gives it away to Dana before the bout. The champ is the defacto Co-#1 Contender along with his opponent.

Tell that to Benson Henderson. Title fights are scored just like any other fights.

...thats why there was a rematch when he won the first fight, Edgar got that benefit, then Benson got it in the rematch when he was champ.

I thought Gus won, hands down, but Jones pulled off the incredible W

No..... no no no no no. You have to win the fight. That's it. This BS "You have to ___ while winning to get the belt" is ridiculous and insults the sport as a whole.

The moment the Champ enters the cage he gives up his belt until he proves he still deserves it. That's why he gives it away to Dana before the bout. The champ is the defacto Co-#1 Contender along with his opponent.

Not really man. Its essentially been the rule in boxing for Im guessing over a century and mma (for a much shorter period of time).

I think every other LHW champ in the last decade "beat the champ"

Gus could not do that.

I saw the fight live, not on TV, and haven't re-watched it.

Like Sonnen, I had the round 4 for Gusta.

I wouldn't put too much weight in my opinion.

Not really man. Its essentially been the rule in boxing for Im guessing over a century and mma (for a much shorter period of time).

I think every other LHW champ in the last decade "beat the champ"

Gus could not do that.

Forrest does not agree.....

There is going to be an atomic level of butt hurt on Sherdog.com

I wonder what will happen to Ughugh if Gustafsson loses badly though, that scenario has an e-suicide written all over it.

giphy.gif

Back