Who do you see as a bigger threat to Jones, Gustafsson or DC?

Uncommon Valor

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Out of these two, who is the bigger threat? And to a lesser extent, how big of a threat do you see Rumble?

Gus is up first and there's a good chance he'll beat jones and we won't get jones/DC.

As far as rumble goes, if the same rumble that fought Davis shows up, he's gonna be a tough fight for anyone.

Neither but if you make me choose then I choose Gus because he has the height to deal with Bones. Cormier will get smashed by Bones.

Have to say Gus because he already beat him, DC takes him out as well though. Guffy will him in the hospital for a while though, that's the difference.

I would say Cormier, cause it is yet to be seen how he matches up against Jones. We already saw Jones had the tools to deal with Gus.

Ya, DC has the speed to evade Jones' reach and if Jones tries to clinch and use Muay Thai or dirty boxing, DC will toss him around like a sock puppet and break his will.

I think Jones and Greg Jackson will have a better game plan for Gus this time and I don't see that going too well for Gus.

I had Gus winning the first fight, so if he can replicate that success then Gus, because he gets to try again before DC. But FWIW I think DC has the stuff to beat Jones as well.

Cormier is the bigger threat. His run has been very impressive so it's tough to bet against him

gustaffson has a decent chance because he's going to be feeling super-confident going into a rematch, but i think he turned in his best performance while jones turned in one of his worst, i don't think he'll be that fortunate a second time around

jones and gustaffson were pretty evenly amtched in all areas in their fight, whereas cormier has a skill that is much better than jones does (his strength, and wrestling) and jones has better striking and range... who can take advantage of their respective err.... advantage remains to be seen but i think cormier has a better chance

Gustafsson did well but ultimately lost (pretty clearly IMO but I respect dissenting views) and Jones did well to adjust enough toward the end of the fight to get the win. You know Jackson/Winklejohn are working overtime to fine tune their plan for the rematch, which I think does not bode well for Gustafsson.

That leads me to believe that it is Cormier, because he's just a beast who no one has had an answer for yet.

I firmly believe Jones dispatches of both of them, though.

Cormier is 35 years old and is 5'11", the height of a Welter Weight. Good luck beating Bones who uses his reach better than anyone we have ever seen. Gus has a legit shot, Cormier is going to let his mouth write a check his ass can't cash.

Neither but if you make me choose then I choose Gus because he has the height to deal with Bones. Cormier will get smashed by Bones.

Exactly.

Gus "knows" he can stand in the pocket with Jones and do some damage. Cormier is just a terrible match-up for him. If he did manage to take Jones down, what da fuk is he going to do in Jone's guard? Jones will destroy Cormier

I was impressed with Cormier but he didnt look too fast at LHW.

Gus, because he showed he can. Impressed with DC, but not sure if he can get hold of Jones

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back