Who do YOU feel silva should have to beat to truly earn a title shot

If he had to take a fight after beating Nick to get the title shot I would say the winner of Rockhold/Machida since the winner of Jacare/Romero should get the next title shot.

i never said it had to be one person. i meant who more as in "whom" he had to beat i guess? or to phrase the question better for you. what would anderson silva have to do to earn a shot in your opinion. a few people already suggested him having to fight multiple people and i never disagree'd, i wouldnt just decide to dispute that with you, despite like 5 other people saying he should beat a few top 10's. you really just misunderstood what i wrote. srs.

Perhaps I misunderstood your use of 'who' and 'someONE'... In either case, I already answered your question. Ground up. And not to be a stickler, but you did in fact disagree; when you said your opinion was beating Diaz= shot.

Rockhold, Jacare, Machida, Romero, Kennedy, Mousasi. Any of these guys.

Beating a WW who hasn't won a fight since 2011 shouldn't get you a title shot

This.

I'm worried for Andy and his chin. I can understand why Dana's putting him in against a name without renowned punching power, but throwing him straight back in against Weidman is a bit much.

Rockhold, Jacare, Machida, Romero, Kennedy, Mousasi. Any of these guys.

Beating a WW who hasn't won a fight since 2011 shouldn't get you a title shot

I am down with this. I'd like to say Machida because he was a good opponent against Weidman and would test Anderson's striking in new ways too, but we know it will never happen.

Beat Diaz with ease and than one of the winners of Rockhold/Machida or Romero/Jacar

Perhaps I misunderstood your use of 'who' and 'someONE'... In either case, I already answered your question. Ground up. And not to be a stickler, but you did in fact disagree; when you said your opinion was beating Diaz= shot.

i will give you the misunderstanding is attributed to my misuse of words.

but as far as the disagreeing. lol what? my opinion on whether he deserves the shot was the first thing in this thread. it wasnt stated as disagreement but an opinion.your opinion came several pages after, Taking that as me having disagreed with you is ridiculous. Your basically trying convince me of something i dont agree with, Then after finishing explaining and not asking what i think after hearing your opinion on the subject tell me that i'm still diagreeing and my initial disagreement is proof of that.

you've answered my question, lets just move on.

i will give you the misunderstanding is attributed to my misuse of words.

but as far as the disagreeing. lol what? my opinion on whether he deserves the shot was the first thing in this thread. it wasnt stated as disagreement but an opinion.your opinion came several pages after, Taking that as me having disagreed with you is ridiculous. Your basically trying convince me of something i dont agree with, Then after finishing explaining and not asking what i think after hearing your opinion on the subject tell me that i'm still diagreeing and my initial disagreement is proof of that.

Opinions are either agreeable, or disagreeable. I agree or I don't. They agree or they don't.

The disagreement was implicit in your initial post....

'Alot of people on here don't feel Beating diaz should allow silva another shot at the Belt. i personally DO.'

You can't simultaneously feel that this fight=title shot! and NOT disagree with people stating Silva needs top10 MW wins.

Look dude, whatever. My original post stands for itself. To ask 'whom' or 'whoever' is an inane question. There are too many variables. As divisional rankings play out, Silva should try to be the most worthy. That Person will match Weidman.

Last edited:
Opinions are either agreeable, or disagreeable. I agree or I don't. They agree or they don't.

The disagreement was implicit in your initial post....

'Alot of people on here don't feel Beating diaz should allow silva another shot at the Belt. i personally DO.'

You can't simultaneously feel that this fight=title shot! and NOT disagree with people stating Silva needs top10 MW wins.

no but i could have changed my opinion after hearing the reasoning of the many others who stated that opinion before you, which should have been evident when i didnt correct any of them.

Seriously dude your looking for something that ISNT there.

if i go on your facebook and see that you have it listed that anon1 is the best fighter and i think anon 2 is the best. i'm not going to tell you are foolish for disagreeing with me the next time i see you. a SANE person (if they so felt they really needed to debate with someone over this.) would go "hey, i see you think anon1 is the best, i think anon 2 is the best and heres why" at this point they would wait for a response because depending on what they just said that persons opinion could be changed as they might not have had that knowledge or seen things from that perspective. all this reasoning is done in milliseconds because it should be common freaking sense at this point in your life through having conversations with people.

You, however go "BRO HOW CAN YOU DISAGREE" before the person has even stated their possibly newly formulated opinion.

I actually do disagree by the way. i just never actually Posted that i disagree'd with what you said, untill now.

It's cool man. It's a forum argument. Immature on both are parts.

But kinda funny.. That post sums up so many peoples feelings on this very point.

Whatever. At the end of the day, it's just about fun.

the only arguement was you insisting for 3 pages that id started arguing with you in the first place through some Time travel clause you invented on how someone goes about diagreeing with another, After i explain that half of it was a misunderstanding im responsible for you then try to take the easy way out by saying my questions been answered but you HAVE to have the last word so you sneak in a little comment about how i outright disagree'd with you and since your stickler i just have to know. When i then put into question just how flawed your conversational flowchart is for Coming to the conclusion that me stating my opinion 3 pages previous to your posting of yours is equivalent to me saying "hey i see what you said and i disagree"

You then proceed to Meekishly say "things will fall where they will" which is totally unrelated to anything we were talking about and the equivalent of a child saying "whatever" when presented with logic on why they are wrong by an adult.

Maturity was never an Option.

he should have to beat diaz and then the winner of rockhold/machida or the winner of jacare/sog

Alot of people on here don't feel Beating diaz should allow silva another shot at the Belt. i personally do but obviously thats my opinion and not everyone shares them. my Question for all you naysayers out there is, if you were going to have silva prove himself in the division to prove he was ready to fight weidman again. Who would it be and why? who would truly put silva to test in that division and show he deserves a shot if he beats them.

Edit: Just fixed the wordplay a bit. Doesn't have to be one person if you feel he needs to take out a few to be worth of a shot.

A Brazillian

Back