who do you consider the top 3 most complete wrestlers of all time

For "complete", I'd equally weigh technical skill, character/mic work, and drawing power.

Guys like Savage, Hart, Michaels, etc weren't really great draws when they were on top. Was Savage ever really a top guy? Maybe very briefly. And couldn't call a match in the ring to save his life. Ratings and attendances both tanked when HBK/Hitman were on top. HBK had his post-retirement run which bumps him up alot for me, though.

Austin's time on top was too brief. Granted, he was the biggest star in history during that short time though. Post-neck injury he wasn't the same in the ring either.

If anyone leaves Flair off their top 3, it has to be because they haven't seen him in action.

Benoit. Have you ever heard his promos? Fucking atrocious.

Jericho has actually risen near the top 3 for me after his recent runs in NJPW/AEW.

Anyway my top 3 would be:

Flair - my #1 by a fair margin. At the top of very close in every single category.

Tanahashi - more charisma than superior technical workers like Okada/Misawa, way better in ring than mega draws like Inoki or Baba, and carried NJPW as their top guy for over a decade. However, ask me in 10 years and I'm 99% sure Okada will have replaced him in this spot.

Jericho - Ok I lied. I had alot of trouble with my #3. First I was thinking Lou Thesz...but have you ever heard a Thesz promo? Me neither (same with guys like Bruno or Jim Londos). Then I was leaning towards Gorgeous George. Top draw in 40s and 50s. One of the most flamboyant, charismatic guys ever (just asked Buddy Rogers, Flair, Muhammad Ali, etc who all ripped him off to some extent), but shit in the ring. So I'm going with Jericho after all, assuming AEW will continue to be succesful/grow and he'll be the top guy. For me, Jericho has been the single biggest factor in what they've accomplished so far. You could make the argument against him that I made against Hart, Michaels, etc. But were they also a top-level draw in NJPW? Did they help found a rival promotion and were critical to its success? We all know how Bret's WCW run went. Shawn never did shit outside WWE. Angle would be close for me too, think he's criminally underrated.

lmao@anyone that doesn't have HBK in their list

my list with out giving it too much thought, just the first 3 that come to mind

HBK
Angle
Rock

lmao@anyone that doesn't have HBK in their list

I'll admit I'm biased against him because he's a gigantic, cross-eyed piece of shit. Not buying his born-again schtick one bit, either.

For me, Mick Foley belongs in this list.

One of the most naturally gifted pro wrestlers ever, imo:

Underrated technician and great worker (see V Shawn at Mind Games '96/amazing bumps and selling throughout career)
Undoubted entertainer (hardcore legend)
Amazing multpile personalities persona/Mike work (Cactus/Mankind/Dude, Cane Dewey a GOAT promo)

I'd put HBK in that category, too.

Maybe Flair or Savage rounding out the three (but near impossible to just name 3, definitively).

Last edited:
Shawn Michaels
Ric Flair
The Rock

Eddie Guerrero and Kurt Angle are honorable mentions. SCSA, Hogan, Brock, and others were never able to play comedy as face and/or heel.

Top 3 huh...that's tough...

I can't narrow it down below 5...I'll stick to US stars for the sake of simplicity.

HBK
Angle
Perfect
Steiner
Macho

All amazing...

Shawn Michaels
Ric Flair
The Rock

Eddie Guerrero and Kurt Angle are honorable mentions. SCSA, Hogan, Brock, and others were never able to play comedy as face and/or heel.

Brock can't do comedy?

HairySimpleBallpython-max-1mb.gif

tenor.gif

Brock can't do comedy?

HairySimpleBallpython-max-1mb.gif

tenor.gif

Lol. I stand corrected. But, really, he rarely let anyone take the piss out of him and he really wouldn't recover (certainly not at this point) if he did.

Lol. I stand corrected. But, really, he rarely let anyone take the piss out of him and he really wouldn't recover (certainly not at this point) if he did.

Not everyone needs to be the butt of the joke to be funny.

Bret Hart
Shawn Michaels
Arn Anderson

CM Punk ( This guy hasnt wrestled in 6 or so years and people are still chanting his name.)
Kurt Angle
Chris Jericho.

I know wrestling fans love Ric flair and being a filthy casual I’ll get crucified for saying it but in ring he didn’t exactly have much of a move set. I missed most of his prime as I’m 35 but even going back to old matches he didn’t really have much of a varied arsenal.

Angle
Jericho
Sting - where’s the love? In ring this is a rare guy who mixes high flying, technical and power moves. When my rich mates had WWF on paid TV and I was watching WCW for free I was always blown away by his in ring performances. He could whip a crowd into a frenzy too, he was ridiculously over with the fans and could build up a great story.

Im sure Sting over The nature boy will bring some serious heat but grew up with him as wrestling’s main man and watching matches back prime sting was still very impressive

I know wrestling fans love Ric flair and being a filthy casual I’ll get crucified for saying it but in ring he didn’t exactly have much of a move set. I missed most of his prime as I’m 35 but even going back to old matches he didn’t really have much of a varied arsenal.

Angle
Jericho
Sting - where’s the love? In ring this is a rare guy who mixes high flying, technical and power moves. When my rich mates had WWF on paid TV and I was watching WCW for free I was always blown away by his in ring performances. He could whip a crowd into a frenzy too, he was ridiculously over with the fans and could build up a great story.

Im sure Sting over The nature boy will bring some serious heat but grew up with him as wrestling’s main man and watching matches back prime sting was still very impressive
IMO he's truly overrated as a legend.

Not everyone needs to be the butt of the joke to be funny.

The boom box thing he did with Rollins had me fucking cracking up. I was laughing for a while at that.

Back