Who do you consider the most well rounded fighter in the UFC today?

Yes, only 'size' matters, which is why George Roop, Kendall Grove, and Stefan Struve are all-time p4p greats.

DC relies just as much on his body type (compact, strong, low center of gravity) as Jones does. Plus, Jon cuts less weight than most LHW.

So no, it's not Jon's 'size'.

Jones' striking consists of eye pokes and kicks straight to the kneecap. The one guy he fought his own size did this to him.

hqdefault.jpg

Gotta go with DJ.

I still feel like Jones' defense in the pocket needs more work. Both Gus and DC were able to get inside his reach and cause him trouble there.
I agree. Jones also clearly lacks knockout power, but he does make up for that with the diversity of his striking game and the way he utilizes his reach.

How did he "murder" Gustafsson in boxing? How did he "murder" Evans in wrestling?

And Jones hasnt been as dominant in anyway as Mighty Mouse IN YEARS. Last time Jones finished an opponent it was 3 years ago and it was MW Sonnen. People have lately started to overrate Jones way too blindly on Sherdog.
So, you named two fighters to prove your point? Did Jones not put grapple DC in the clinch right afterwards? DC, the current champion? Jones has obliterated the entire division minus Rumble.

Oh, and I placed Mighty Mouse right put there with him in my post so.... Yeah

Jones' striking consists of eye pokes and kicks straight to the kneecap. The one guy he fought his own size did this to him.

hqdefault.jpg

Jones dropped Vitor with a side kick to the body, dropped Machida with a Superman punch, hurt Gus with an elbow, dropped Rashad with a short elbow, neatly decapitated Bonnar with a spinning elbow, damaged DC's body with kicks and punches, punched Glover's mouth guard out 3 times, made Shogun tap to strikes, etc...

I think we are all done here dude. In fact, if you go back and look Gus has more eyepokes than Jon and oblique kicks are legal techniques that everyone from Bruce Lee to Anderson Silva used.

So, you named two fighters to prove your point? Did Jones not put grapple DC in the clinch right afterwards? DC, the current champion? Jones has obliterated the entire division minus Rumble.

Oh, and I placed Mighty Mouse right put there with him in my post so.... Yeah
Melas is an asshurt Gus clinger.

imo you should add karate and sambo to the list of important striking and grappling bases @ this point.
I just listed the more commonly practiced martial arts in MMA, but when I said overall I meant everything. I didn't list Taekwando or Judo either, but I meant all martial arts.

Melas is an asshurt Gus clinger.
He seems angry lol. I have AG in my sig since he's one of my favorites but damn. Jones is just an animal. He uses a high fight IQ to find a way to win. He's literally been in trouble 22 fights. Still found a way to triumph.

Werdum should probably be mentioned.

MM has to be the most well rounded fighter now that I think about it.

Mighty Mouse and coke fueled Jon Jones.

Mouse yes.

Jones as far as all around game is arguable but I've heard people criticize his hands a lot. Myself, I'm not versed enough to criticize a single aspect of a fighter. I don't box so I can only regurgitate what I read and hear.

I think the most "well rounded" is someone who's good at everything and great at nothing.

I would want a fighter to be great at something and good enough at others.

I would say Jones. 2.0 is gonna be a beast and I bet he clinches 2 titles.

Last edited:
RDA

strikes with every limb (and has KO ability)
grappling (and has submission skills)
mixes things up / keeps opponents guessing
aggression
cardio for days
defense

Back