Who cuts the most weight and who puts the most back on?

Barao is pretty high up there. Tibau, certainly. Bigfoot and Lesnar cut a fair amount even if it was a smaller % relative to total bodyweight.

I first thought of Barao. The guy walks around only a few pounds lighter than Aldo, who has a hard time cutting 145. Hendricks cuts 40 pounds from 210 to 170.

Jeremy Stephens said on a JRE podcast that he steps in the cage at 170 pounds.

Hendricks cuts 40 pounds from 210 to 170.

He doesn't cut 40 pounds. That's BS and it isn't even humanly possible for a guy that size.

He is more like ~205 in between fights when he doesn't care about his diet and it has nothing to do with the weight he carry in the cage. He will do a regimen some time before the cut to reduce his weight and from there make the cut. In the cage he is probably around 190. Maybe a bit more.

I have to always give props to this dude:

ripped MW at 185lbs:

UFC147_Weighins_31.jpg

But then went back down to LW at 155lbs:

0-32635

Just as big as Tibau for LW IMO.

And yet some people insist that Jon Jones is a natural HW, despite being even skinnier.

Jon Jones is NOT skinnier than Rockhold, not even close. Jones towers over him.

As for the post, Hendricks cuts something like 50+ lbs to get down to 170 then recovers over 25 lbs come fight time. So he would be my pick. For those that call bs on this, google it, it's straight from his own mouth. I think Dolce has made comments to this as well since he is running the cut.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cagew...s-wants-move-middleweight-165805630--mma.html

Gleison Tibau cuts so much it's comical.

and all that mass still doesnt help him much

It seems like Cole Miller cuts a crazy amount of weight for 145.

No idea who puts the most back on. Maybe Siver? He always looks huge come fight day.

When Siver fought Swanson he looked like a little Brock Lesnar

And yet again, the difference between dieting and cutting is lost.

Jon Jones is NOT skinnier than Rockhold, not even close. Jones towers over him.

As for the post, Hendricks cuts something like 50+ lbs to get down to 170 then recovers over 25 lbs come fight time. So he would be my pick. For those that call bs on this, google it, it's straight from his own mouth. I think Dolce has made comments to this as well since he is running the cut.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cagew...s-wants-move-middleweight-165805630--mma.html

How does Jones tower over Rockhold? He's an inch taller.

Gotta go with Luke Rockhold, he's fucking enormous for 185.

6'3, making 185, and looking like someone airbrushed him lol

20120713072957_003_Luke_Rockhold2.JPG

There's no way Kennedy could make 170 yet....

tumblr_m78pe7z8jL1qc5qnk.jpg

I'd say the biggest weight cut is Hendricks, although he seems at home at 170 due to his being fairly short.

Tibau cuts from like 190 in recall....Hendricks was said to be around 220

1 day after wheigh-ins... Aldo: 161lbs, Barao: 159lbs.

Source

Alves 197 not long after making 170lb.

197-6.jpg

Guys like Rory are up around 200lb. Insane to think they weigh 30lb over the weight limit come fight night while guys like Anderson, Machida, Henderson & Mousasi etc come in at under 200lb on fight night for 185 & 205 respectively.

A bit of a joke really to cut that much weight.

Alves 197 not long after making 170lb.

197-6.jpg

Guys like Rory are up around 200lb. Insane to think they weigh 30lb over the weight limit come fight night while guys like Anderson, Machida, Henderson & Mousasi etc come in at under 200lb on fight night for 185 & 205 respectively.

A bit of a joke really to cut that much weight.

Good call, man. Totally forgot about Alves.

Jones sat beside Rockhold at the UFC 172 post fight press conference and Jones dwarfed him in all honesty.

Oh man a light heavyweight who could never make 185 dwarfs a big MW who makes his living cutting to 185? Pretty shocking stuff.

Gotta go with Luke Rockhold, he's fucking enormous for 185.

6'3, making 185, and looking like someone airbrushed him lol

20120713072957_003_Luke_Rockhold2.JPG

There's no way Kennedy could make 170 yet....

tumblr_m78pe7z8jL1qc5qnk.jpg

I'd say the biggest weight cut is Hendricks, although he seems at home at 170 due to his being fairly short.

Rockhold's pecs are disproportionately small.

I'd say Hendricks.

Hunto cuts a ton of weigh too.

Back