Who can beat Adesanya at MW?

Nobody at this time is touching Izzy at 185 outside of some fluke injury in cage to Izzy.

Looking at OP's list, damn MW is such a wasteland now.

I know Till doesn't really deserve it, but I'd give him the next title shot, simply because him and Izzy could deliver on some promotional gold before Till getting whooped.

Oddly enough, Usman at MW, Wonderboy at MW, and dare I say Uriah Hall, would be good match ups to put against Izzy. Izzy vs Hall would be super interesting since they both have similar striking backgrounds. Cannonier could beat Izzy too. Izzy gets hit more than the UFC shill machine would have us believe, and Cannonier's got that power.

Whitaker has best shot but in order for him to win, he has to take a chance ( or many) in possibly falling on his sword. Hes been knocked out by Adesanya and I've seen this too much which would be a tentative challenger more worried about not getting knocked out than winning.

As good as Israel seems to be , he can be beat . Where the division is right now puts him in such a lofty position. Knuckles connects , I can see the favor being returned..... but does he ?

It will have to be a big, strong, well rounded guy. I dont think any of the current top mws are even close. If it had to be someone, I would say Luke. He might have a shot, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Robert is the only guy with a chance if he shows up with a game plan that isn't running chin first into a counter hook, a strategy straight out of The School of Rockhold.

He really needs to incorporate some kind of wrestling or chain wrestling, I don't think submissions are essential but just keeping him down and throwing shots down could win him rounds.

I think a rematch goes the distance with either a UD or SD.

No one. Well Uriah Hall is very interesting matchup.

Yeah, when he gets that experience, I'll put him on the list.

Izzy had an interest because they had an online beef.
His last decent win was against Cowboy in 2017.

I could’ve sworn it was more than that. All I remember was around Till’s fight with Rob Izzy really wanted Till to win because he had great interest in that fight praising till as a striker and such but he kept saying he just needs to win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back