Who can beat Adesanya at MW?

Xoleth

You're only winning if someone is losing.
@Black
Reaction score
Robert Whittaker - he really needs another game plan, maybe more offensive wrestling and he doesn't excel at it. I just don't see Whittaker winning.

Paulo Costa - No! Just no! There was clearly something off with him in their fight, but even in his best day, his reach and his lack of technique are not helping him at all. Maybe with a blitz like Vitor did vs Wand, but he is not explosive enough.

Jared Cannonier - got outclassed by Whittaker, not a match for Adesanya

Marvin Vettori - 0-2 already

Derek Brunson - lost to Adesanya and his wrestling is not that good to hump him for 5 rounds

Jack Hermansson - maybe with an unexpected submission, but he has poor striking

Darren Till - lol, just lol

Uriah Hall - good striker, but not champion material, not a problem for Adesanya

Kelvin Gastelum - he really had a good fight with Adesanya and hurt him the most. Great hand speed, great striking, but in the end Adesanya is the superior striker. If Whittaker had Holland's size and reach, definitely.

Edmen Shahbazyan - decent striker, bad cardio, clearly not a match

Sean Strickland - just no!

Chris Weidman - Adesanya would chop his broken leg pretty fast. Prime Weidman clearly has a chance.

Omari Akhmedov - basically Vettori with no cardio?!?!

Kevin Holland - I really believe Holland has the best chance. I know he lost twice in a row, but to wrestlers. His striking is legit, and he has the power and the reach. I am not saying he would beat Adesanya, I'm saying he has the best chance from all the ranked fighters.

Brad Tavares - already outclassed

I actually believe Rockhold would have a better chance than all of the ranked fighters. Sure, his chin is not so good, but if he improves his takedowns, he could be a problem.

Rob is the only one with a chance and even he will lose the rematch sadly for me being his simp and all. Gonna need Rakic or jiri to move down.

They need to get Vladimir Mineev in, that fight would be really interesting to me.

Khazmat has the potential if he evolves exponentially in 3 years but at that time Izzy will probably be out of his prime.

giphy.gif

If he drops down :cool:

It pains me to say it but I think Holland is our only hope.

People use to make these threads about Max at FW and acted like he cleaned the division out and should go to LW. He got three defenses then lost to volkanovski, a guy most people were already looking past.

You can think Izzy beats all those guys, but we don't actually know until he does it.

But yes, he'll be the favorite for a while.

Rockhold is the most overrated fighter I ever known of. He hasnt proved me anything to be a title contender opponent in the last 5-6 years.

Man until you listed it out I didn’t realize how weak that division has become. Most every other division has a dominant chain wrestler (ww has 2) but MW really has no one that fits that bill. You beat Izzy by wrestling and mixing it up. Maybe Rob has a chance but he got owned pretty bad in the first fight.

Robert Whittaker - he really needs another game plan, maybe more offensive wrestling and he doesn't excel at it. I just don't see Whittaker winning.

Paulo Costa - No! Just no! There was clearly something off with him in their fight, but even in his best day, his reach and his lack of technique are not helping him at all. Maybe with a blitz like Vitor did vs Wand, but he is not explosive enough.

Jared Cannonier - got outclassed by Whittaker, not a match for Adesanya

Marvin Vettori - 0-2 already

Derek Brunson - lost to Adesanya and his wrestling is not that good to hump him for 5 rounds

Jack Hermansson - maybe with an unexpected submission, but he has poor striking

Darren Till - lol, just lol

Uriah Hall - good striker, but not champion material, not a problem for Adesanya

Kelvin Gastelum - he really had a good fight with Adesanya and hurt him the most. Great hand speed, great striking, but in the end Adesanya is the superior striker. If Whittaker had Holland's size and reach, definitely.

Edmen Shahbazyan - decent striker, bad cardio, clearly not a match

Sean Strickland - just no!

Chris Weidman - Adesanya would chop his broken leg pretty fast. Prime Weidman clearly has a chance.

Omari Akhmedov - basically Vettori with no cardio?!?!

Kevin Holland - I really believe Holland has the best chance. I know he lost twice in a row, but to wrestlers. His striking is legit, and he has the power and the reach. I am not saying he would beat Adesanya, I'm saying he has the best chance from all the ranked fighters.

Brad Tavares - already outclassed

I actually believe Rockhold would have a better chance than all of the ranked fighters. Sure, his chin is not so good, but if he improves his takedowns, he could be a problem.
Only person I currently see is Khamzat and he still has a lot to prove but his wrestling could be a real issue for Adesanya

Khamzat maybe with more experience. I need to see him vs better fighters though. Not sure why people are writing off Till. He just needs to put everything together, I’m not as high on him as others are but there was a reason why Izzy had great interest in fighting him. Jared doesn’t have enough technical ability to go blow for blow with Izzy but even against people who aren’t the best strikers like Marvin, Izzy missed a couple good counter shots. He had a great performance still but even he admitted he wanted to land more flush shots, it was times in the fight where his counters just straight missed and that was on Marvin so you don’t think Jared can back him up more ? Avoid some of those counters ? Make it a interesting fight at least ?

As much as I enjoy watching a Bisping KO of Rockhold and their beef, Rockhold would absolutely maul Izzy on the ground. I'd give him the best chance in the current division.

I'm putting all my chips on Puna

Absolute stud
6d3daaf9229316413fd15f6ab1b4371448532847.gifv

Right now Whittaker is the only one I see and that might be a longshot. Would need to be someone who isn't on the radar I'm guessing.

Back