1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Who can beat Adesanya at MW?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Xoleth, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Xoleth Brown Belt

Robert Whittaker - he really needs another game plan, maybe more offensive wrestling and he doesn't excel at it. I just don't see Whittaker winning.

Paulo Costa - No! Just no! There was clearly something off with him in their fight, but even in his best day, his reach and his lack of technique are not helping him at all. Maybe with a blitz like Vitor did vs Wand, but he is not explosive enough.

Jared Cannonier - got outclassed by Whittaker, not a match for Adesanya

Marvin Vettori - 0-2 already

Derek Brunson - lost to Adesanya and his wrestling is not that good to hump him for 5 rounds

Jack Hermansson - maybe with an unexpected submission, but he has poor striking

Darren Till - lol, just lol

Uriah Hall - good striker, but not champion material, not a problem for Adesanya

Kelvin Gastelum - he really had a good fight with Adesanya and hurt him the most. Great hand speed, great striking, but in the end Adesanya is the superior striker. If Whittaker had Holland's size and reach, definitely.

Edmen Shahbazyan - decent striker, bad cardio, clearly not a match

Sean Strickland - just no!

Chris Weidman - Adesanya would chop his broken leg pretty fast. Prime Weidman clearly has a chance.

Omari Akhmedov - basically Vettori with no cardio?!?!

Kevin Holland - I really believe Holland has the best chance. I know he lost twice in a row, but to wrestlers. His striking is legit, and he has the power and the reach. I am not saying he would beat Adesanya, I'm saying he has the best chance from all the ranked fighters.

Brad Tavares - already outclassed

I actually believe Rockhold would have a better chance than all of the ranked fighters. Sure, his chin is not so good, but if he improves his takedowns, he could be a problem.

svmr_db, Sissy Boy and Mcnugget like this.
  2. Jose Beehive No.1 Soldier Of God Gif User

I think lol, just lol and just no are both pretty good.

3. Blanqa Blanqua Sherdog God Belt

Khamzat, Holland, Gastelum, Hall, Cannonier

4. sampuncher Red Belt

Rockhold definitely isn't the guy.

Other than Rob in a potential rematch I don't think the guys in that division yet.

5. DaRivv20 Robert Whittaker’s Official Simp.

Rob is the only one with a chance and even he will lose the rematch sadly for me being his simp and all. Gonna need Rakic or jiri to move down.

6. Hellowhosthat Steel Belt

They need to get Vladimir Mineev in, that fight would be really interesting to me.

7. Nelly Red Belt

Khazmat has the potential if he evolves exponentially in 3 years but at that time Izzy will probably be out of his prime.

8. TheMessiah Black Belt

Maybe Andre Muniz

Mr.Maelstrom likes this.
  9. oldschoolmmafan PEOPLE=SHIT

10. Clementine Hug Connoisseur

[​IMG]
    If he drops down :cool:

11. KOPPE i used to wrestle in high school bro Yellow Card

It pains me to say it but I think Holland is our only hope.

Filthy casual likes this.
  12. fortheo Titanium Belt

People use to make these threads about Max at FW and acted like he cleaned the division out and should go to LW. He got three defenses then lost to volkanovski, a guy most people were already looking past.

You can think Izzy beats all those guys, but we don't actually know until he does it.

But yes, he'll be the favorite for a while.

13. Satan's Daddy. Brown Belt Platinum Member

Rockhold is the most overrated fighter I ever known of. He hasnt proved me anything to be a title contender opponent in the last 5-6 years.

14. theleerygoose Purple Belt

Man until you listed it out I didn’t realize how weak that division has become. Most every other division has a dominant chain wrestler (ww has 2) but MW really has no one that fits that bill. You beat Izzy by wrestling and mixing it up. Maybe Rob has a chance but he got owned pretty bad in the first fight.

15. Feardoesnotexistinmydojo Green Belt

Only person I currently see is Khamzat and he still has a lot to prove but his wrestling could be a real issue for Adesanya

16. KayshaunCage The Black Mayhem Miller

Khamzat maybe with more experience. I need to see him vs better fighters though. Not sure why people are writing off Till. He just needs to put everything together, I’m not as high on him as others are but there was a reason why Izzy had great interest in fighting him. Jared doesn’t have enough technical ability to go blow for blow with Izzy but even against people who aren’t the best strikers like Marvin, Izzy missed a couple good counter shots. He had a great performance still but even he admitted he wanted to land more flush shots, it was times in the fight where his counters just straight missed and that was on Marvin so you don’t think Jared can back him up more ? Avoid some of those counters ? Make it a interesting fight at least ?

17. MrCoffee Brotherhood of Shitty Arguments.

As much as I enjoy watching a Bisping KO of Rockhold and their beef, Rockhold would absolutely maul Izzy on the ground. I'd give him the best chance in the current division.

18. Jose Beehive No.1 Soldier Of God Gif User

I'm putting all my chips on Puna

Absolute stud
    [​IMG]

19. MMAProfessional Golden Belt

Right now Whittaker is the only one I see and that might be a longshot. Would need to be someone who isn't on the radar I'm guessing.

20. TJ Dillashank Purple Belt

Robert Yoel and Luke IMO