who bought rushfit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to the FAQ, find the section on P90X, then replace P90X with Rushfit in your head as you read it for your answer.

Its a home workout DVD, and you can apply the same criticism to any of them (Rushfit, P90X, Insanity etc.) For folks who are wicked out of shape, its a good way to get off their ass and moving. For anyone who is serious about training, there are much better S&C programs out there. A thorough reading of the FAQs up top can point you in a much better direction.

If you're still interested in a personal accounting of how well Rushfit works, one of the writers at Bloody Elbow is currently updating each Friday as he works through the DVDs. So far its fairly positive, but Im going to guess that the writer is out of shape and does not have any prior training experience.

Bloody Elbow Rushfit review

You can apply a lot of the movements from the workout to your regime at the gym too. I am on week two and I have seen improvements in some areas already and I am in Kickboxing classes 3 times a week and we have an MMA class on SUndays, so I am hardly out of shape.

Also the DVD workout assumes you already know the jargon and basic movements, unlike P90X where the movements are pretty universal to most jazzersize or bootcamp workouts. Little explanation is necessary, where Rushfit uses more functional exercises specific to grappling and striking. So it is really not for the regular joe off the street. I enjoy it and plan on finishing it.

In the RushFit ad materials and in the program materials (the DVDs, etc.), what sorts of statements are made re: who the program is tailored for, and what overall results can be expected?

For example, if it says "here's a program GSP put together with his trainers, designed to help the average Joe or Jane get into great shape by improving strength, cardiovascular fitness and flexibility," that's ethical, in my opinion.

If it says "you can become a better fighter by following RushFit," that's a little dodgier but is probably true -- improved strength, cardio and flexibility can help.

If it says "train like a champion" then RushFit damn well better closely mirror GSP's actual training routine.

It apparently mirrors his actual workout. He is not the one in charge of the video. SO you are not taking instruction from GSP. He is one of the people actually doing the exercises. In fact, he has trouble completing a lot of the exercises. Its a great workout and is short enough to be added to your regular routine without too much inconvenience.

It apparently mirrors his actual workout. He is not the one in charge of the video. SO you are not taking instruction from GSP. He is one of the people actually doing the exercises. In fact, he has trouble completing a lot of the exercises. Its a great workout and is short enough to be added to your regular routine without too much inconvenience.

Bumping the Rushfit video is awesome. I wish I could bump the Rushfit video. Because bumping the vide is awesome, and the video is awesome. It's just 100% awesome. All awesome, all the time.

Bumping the Rushfit video is awesome. I wish I could bump the Rushfit video. Because bumping the vide is awesome, and the video is awesome. It's just 100% awesome. All awesome, all the time.

Thank you for contributing to this... ass...

I should have know better than to look to Sherdog for competent conversation. People will hate on anything just because. No one has presented any credible evidence to show this thing doesn't work, infact those who actually try it, say it has been great for them. People simply write it off bcause its a home dvd, and apparently that's not cool. I could have started my own thread but thought maybe people have already started talking about it. No matter what you do here, there are always douchebags ready to be douches...

I should have know better than to look to Sherdog for competent conversation. People will hate on anything just because. No one has presented any credible evidence to show this thing doesn't work, infact those who actually try it, say it has been great for them. People simply write it off bcause its a home dvd, and apparently that's not cool. I could have started my own thread but thought maybe people have already started talking about it. No matter what you do here, there are always douchebags ready to be douches...

Douches be douchin'

now,

gtfo.gif

I bought Wendler's e-book, but after reading this thread I'm thinking I should have bought Rushfit instead. Shit.

i'm definitely going to pick it up now.

sounds fantastic.

So you mean it's better for the "general public" to spend their time/money /energy on a crappy home dvd than on an a real training program?

Everything that is discussed in this DVD is relevant to MMA training. You take what you want from it. I agree that the idea of a home video is unappealing but I gave in simply because I cannot make it to the gym as often as I used to anymore, plus I am spending more time on the road training for a half marathon and so I did not have 1 hour and a half to spend every day on a home video. This is 45 minutes and its surprisingly intense.

It keeps me motivated and defintely helps.

I guess I am not as lucky as the apparent majority of Sherdoggers who have "real training programs" and workout everyday with the pros, so its a good substitute for me... I don't like to quit things so I will do my eight weeks and then I will be able to judge the video.

I recently changed over from Starting Strength to Rushfit and Im never looking back. Best decision I ever made.

Did my first day of Rushfit yesterday, i'm aching all over today but I love it.

I bought it, and I do like it. Switched from doing p90x half-assed. There are some weak rounds for sure, and the fight conditioning workout might be my least favourite.

But from a workout/health perspective it's really great.

What is up with the one month bumps?

People write it off because, generally, cookie cutter DVD workouts can't possibly address the multi-varied needs of different trainees. What do you mean by "doesn't work"? If you mean that it is the best training tool for you to achieve all your strength, conditioning, and technique goals, then decades worth of training research in those fields would be what your argument is working against. Of course, you can feel free to offer arguments in favor of Rushfit, but asking others to prove that something "doesn't work" is both overly vague and puts the burden on proof on the wrong side of the issue.

I am out of shape and i can tell you that i could not keep up with GSP after only 2 rounds. I can feel all my muscles working and my heart is going to explode. If you are out of shape don't even try to keep up with GSP because you will get tired really fast. If they do 10 reps, do 5.

To the douchebags that say that GSP rushfit is crap ,i have to say one thing. STFU you liers. Ok if you are Usain Bolt or a proffesional athlete that dvd is not for you but for the rest of the world this dvd will get you in shape.

I am out of shape and i can tell you that i could not keep up with GSP after only 2 rounds. I can feel all my muscles working and my heart is going to explode. If you are out of shape don't even try to keep up with GSP because you will get tired really fast. If they do 10 reps, do 5.

To the douchebags that say that GSP rushfit is crap ,i have to say one thing. STFU you liers. Ok if you are Usain Bolt or a proffesional athlete that dvd is not for you but for the rest of the world this dvd will get you in shape.

I am not a lier. I am Insane Bolt, proffesional athlete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back