Who beats Cormier at HW after the strikeforce era?

I could see JDS beating him.
A lot of people will nonsensically claim DC does the same thing Cain did, completely ignoring that DC doesn't have anywhere near Cain's size.

Good luck punching JDS from the outside and then quickly smothering him when he's rocked when you've got 5 inches less reach and 2 inches less height than Cain does.

DC would have to approach JDS completely differently than Cain could.

Everyone brings up the Barnett slam but that was one second of a 25 minute war. DC didnt have an easy time with Josh at all. And Josh was not even top 5 in the world at the time iirc. Theres a lot of fighters that couldve beaten him. And I think all of them have been mentioned already.

No disrespect to Rumble, may he rest in peace, but he's seriously overated on sherdog. Yes he could put your lights out, but he also had some terrible loses and got turned into a panic wrestler by guys like Vitor and Dan Hardy of all people.

Still a great fighter, but not champ level and not in Jones/DC's league.
Did you not hear me say PRIME RUMBLE JOHNSON, not skinny boy rumble johnson....
and he smashed vitor, vitor had to resort to grappling cause he was getting smoked on the feet.
its been a while but i remember thinking despite anthony losing he was the one dominant.
but anyway 205 rumble johnson BEATS ANYONE in his division or lower Not named Jones or DC.
MAYBE YOEL but IDK

Overeem and Werdum would have been very tough style match ups.

Last edited:
Steven Seagal only. Maybe Chael (who retired undefeated) too.

Maybe another strong wrestler like Cain. Overeem is honestly lucky he left Strike Force to join the UFC.

Strikeforce DC was a bad man.

Did you not hear me say PRIME RUMBLE JOHNSON, not skinny boy rumble johnson....
and he smashed vitor, vitor had to resort to grappling cause he was getting smoked on the feet.
its been a while but i remember thinking despite anthony losing he was the one dominant.
but anyway 205 rumble johnson BEATS ANYONE in his division or lower Not named Jones or DC.
MAYBE YOEL but IDK
Rumble came in heavy against Vitor like well over the limit, and Vitor still took the fight, and it was definitely rumble initiating the grappling to the point where he gassed out, and Vitor submitted him on the ground.

Never forget Fedor robbed us of seeing him get pulverized by DC. They hyped up Fedor vs "Black Fedor" so much only for Fedor to get smoked twice and not make the finals.
No one on Earth hyped that. Fedor was on his way out before DC was on anyone's radar. DC's first big win was Monson in a GP reserve bout... that was months after Fedor was already out of the GP losing to Bigfoot.

Werdum, JDS, Overeem, and obviously Stipe all could beat him.

Maybe another strong wrestler like Cain. Overeem is honestly lucky he left Strike Force to join the UFC.

Strikeforce DC was a bad man.
DC's got a massive body shot problem and you think Overeem's an easy fight for DC?

One knee from Overeem and DC is never walking upright again.

Cain is the only guy

S0J84.gif

c23774b1805263718e5c7cc873fe23d2.gif

774741998.gif
tumblr_n8zwv8u0Eb1ry1rm7o1_400.gif
Cain's story is tragic.

Did you even watch his fights then? He looked like dogshit against Staring, Mir, and Nelson.

A lot of top HWs would've beaten him the way he was looking. He was an absolute mess as his agility, his main point at HW, was looking awful cause he was too fat.

Moving down is the best thing that ever happened for his career. It made him less fat and regain his advantages, as well as gave you all the excuse when his first loss came to Jones instead of someone like Overeem or Werdum.
What an awful take. DC ko'd one of the best HW in the history of the UFC in Stipe and had another two close fights with him while pushing to his 40's...

Imagine what he would have done earlier

Even Jones had to recognize HW was his natural weight class and he didn't dare challenge him there. HW young DC was a bad man and I only see Cain challenging him there

Everyone brings up the Barnett slam but that was one second of a 25 minute war. DC didnt have an easy time with Josh at all. And Josh was not even top 5 in the world at the time iirc. Theres a lot of fighters that couldve beaten him. And I think all of them have been mentioned already.
Barnett had beaten kharitonov and Rogers before that. He was still a top HW contender

Open Weight Gran Prix Cro Cop.

Good luck getting a takedown, and good luck striking with him.

If DC eats one of these from Mirko, no follow up strikes are necessary.

tumblr_otw11q0WX31r7vh24o1_540.gif
Crocop couldn't wrestle, DC wouldn't of had to worry.

Rumble came in heavy against Vitor like well over the limit, and Vitor still took the fight, and it was definitely rumble initiating the grappling to the point where he gassed out, and Vitor submitted him on the ground.
There’s no point arguing with him, he has ngannou at #2 greatest all time

and notice what kind of fighter he says might have beaten johnson at the end of his post

Probably Ubereem, I think Cain got the better of him in training, JDS might have beaten him, Werdum would have had a decent shot.

Cormier's weakness vs bodyshots would've been exploited sooner.
Anderson had him in trouble with a body kick, Miocic had him out with body punches.
Imagine the Uberknees that took out Lesnar

Cormier's weakness vs bodyshots would've been exploited sooner.
Anderson had him in trouble with a body kick, Miocic had him out with body punches.
Imagine the Uberknees that took out Lesnar
Stipes problem in that second fight was a bad team that didn’t gameplan properly. Unless I’m remembering wrong, it was stipe himself who noticed the body being open, not his corner

same team that had him come in 30 pounds smaller than ngannou and try to repeat the tactics of the first fight by wrestling him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back