Who at LHW deserves the next TS the most?

Who deseerves it the most?

• Jiri

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Ankalaev

Votes: 53 84.1%
  • Hill

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Jan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rakic

• Krylov

• Walker

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Rountree

• Oezdemir

• Smith

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
Jiri also admitted it was a fair stoppage but maybe thats the ultra humble samurai spirit thing though. But maybe the ref saw his eyes roll back also? As an Alex fan im happy he won, but there are a few explanations/thoughts i dont like about the stoppage:

1) maybe he wasn't out but if he wasnt he would have taken more punishment and COULD have gotten some real CNS damage. Well, you could say that about a knockdown. Or how about just a headkick that sends a guy reeling. It opens up a litany of hypothetical situations further and further removed ffrom the definition of t/ko

2) let me again state; i am a massive Alex fan. I started watching mma about a month before Anderson vs Leban. Alex is my new Anderson. my pinnacle of MMA. But, this little anecdote from a retired NBA player is always in the back of my head. He played for the clippers, and on a podcast he said "If we were gonna beat the lakers, we'd have to beat them twice(very much paraphrasing) because the Lakers are a beloved American tream, the clippers are the absolute inverse of that. The refs are going to rule harder for the clippers but let certain things slide for the Lakers. "Hell, i didn't want to see the clippers in the play offs AND I PLAYED FOR THEM" he also said. Plenty of instances of retired athletes in MLB NFL NBA (prob nhl too, but i dont watch it) have anecdotal stories of how certain players or teams get preferential treatment because of one reason or another - usually because they are cash cows -all that to say, i hate the idea of refs making short stoppages because the guy on the wining end is better for business. And if that happens in the NBA, and if Shawn Merriman cant tackle LaDainian Tomlinson for business reasons, do you really think it doesnt exist in mma?

Two people voted for Hill.

<36>

Ank deserves it more tbh I voted for Hill strictly to annoy Alex fans. But yeah Hill does deserve it 2nd most. He selflessly rushed back from an Achilles injury against his best interest to save UFC 300. Deserves respect and adulation for that. He won't receive it but he deserves it.

I find realistic possibilities more interesting than fanatasy match ups, personally.

You are right I'm just frustrated that yet again we have a non top 5 LHW as champion(Jan and Glover) and theres just so many fighters who SHOULD beat him and yet for various reasons its just not happening. Rakic lost too and he'd beat Alex.

Feel like Jones cursed the belt or something when he went up to HW.

Ank deserves it more tbh I voted for Hill strictly to annoy Alex fans. But yeah Hill does deserve it 2nd most. He selflessly rushed back from an Achilles injury against his best interest to save UFC 300. Deserves respect and adulation for that. He won't receive it but he deserves it.
I put at least 4 people before Hill in line

Isn't it crazy how after every title fight in the corporate era, no one has any idea who should be next for the shot?

Angry Elf Joe Silva ran a fight ship and things mostly made sense. Now they don't build up any division and seemingly pick names out of a hat.

Jiri did well vs Alex and he just got a big win.
Another win I'd give it to him for sure and needs a tough fight

Voted for Jiri because Ankalaev refused 2 title shots at UFC 300 and 301. It's his fault for ducking Pereira in the US and Brazil.

Ankalaev, not very tough choice.

Tough match up stylistically too, if he actually decides to wrestle early.
I tend to agree. He says he wants the knockout, but he could just be saying that to garner attention and throw Pereira off. If he stood and traded, it would for sure not be the path of least resistance.

Back