• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who are some fighters you used to be a fan of, but then stopped being a fan?

I’m going to get flamed for this, but I used to be a gigantic Wand fan, then disgraceful moment after disgraceful moment it faded away.

Ran away from USADA.

Showed up to the Chael Sonnen fight after talking all that crap, acting all that tough and mad, only to get wrestlefucked and showing up with a completely retarded gameplan and unable to do anything about Sonnen’s highly predictable game.

Took another fight with Rampage and lost, and allowed his biggest rival to even the score.

Supported and fostered that dumbass “the election was stolen” rhetoric when Bolsonaro lost like a pea brained piece of AIDS infected bird shit.

To be clear, I still am a fan and always will love his fights. But the guy just tainted his character so badly by acting dumb, bordering on absurd.

Last edited:
I was actually ready to start backing Belal as crazy at that sounds because the UFC is fucking him over,

but thank God I never did that as it seems he's already cucked to Dana.

Matt Hughes, I used to be a big fan, but then I saw him on TUF as the coach and he came across really badly, he was such a bully and so arrogant on it. It was a bad showing. Then after that I saw more fighters coming out saying he is a bully etc etc.. anyways I was still on the fence but I brought his book and that was dreadful, he comes across terrible in his own book, if people have read it they will know exactly what I am talking about. Never liked him after that.
Good post. Felt the same about him too, that really shed light on his character. Then he released his biography, bragging about being a bully, and him and his brother sexually assaulting girls and shit.

Jorge, wish he never put on those penguin suits and stayed street Jesus

Masvidal before sucker punching Edwards.
Wanderlei before his weird face lift and running from USADA.
Dillashaw since falling off a cliff.

Last edited:
Conor, before he was rich was way more interesting and charismatic, his confidence was also something else

Masvidal, before he became an overnight sensation after that Askren knee and became famour.... also became a cherry picking diva and the exact opposite of a "BMF"

Matt Hughes, I used to be a big fan, but then I saw him on TUF as the coach and he came across really badly, he was such a bully and so arrogant on it. It was a bad showing. Then after that I saw more fighters coming out saying he is a bully etc etc.. anyways I was still on the fence but I brought his book and that was dreadful, he comes across terrible in his own book, if people have read it they will know exactly what I am talking about. Never liked him after that.
I always try to find it when it's brought up, but at the back of the book 'about the author' had a picture of him at a 'working on his book' looking exactly like a chimpanzee wearing glasses would be looking at a typewriter.

This is fairly close:
giphy.gif

I'd say Aldo.

I almost dismissed him cheating against Mendes, but then there was the (alleged) piss story and him getting amateurly starched against the "joker" McGregor after failing to show up the first time. The follow up didn't help, as he complained about UFC payment and made a campaign to (rightfully) fight Conor, only to back down when they (supposedly) gave him the opportunity, even if on short notice.
The way he seemed content at essentially being gifted the belt after Conor left was kinda embarrassing, and though nowadays I don't fault him so much for that, some of his subsequent performances - especially his losses - left me feeling he wasn't as good as he was hailed to be in terms of heart and skills. Of course he had some mileage by then, so in a way it's understandable.

In general, fighters that I like but that barely improve piss me off - Condit and Barboza come to mind -, but I guess the fact they don't complain much keeps me from rooting against them.

EDIT: Shevchenko also comes to mind. Ducking and whining/giving excuses aren't doing her any favours.
U have good points but at the end there he was already approaching mid 30s and was champ for mad long. I think his problem came from being Champ for so long made him always fight like he was defending in a 5 rounder. And the foot injuries took one of his biggest weapons

Diego - Though I cut him a little slack b/c I think he has a lot of people who took and take advantage of him.

Jorge - Liked him and his story of fighting Kimbo's crew back in Miami. But now not really a fan of people who assault other people in public

Pat Barry - Thought he was this funny, quirky, HW with awesome leg kicks. Then realized the whole story with Rose and watching him now.....he comes across as creepy, possesive, and always trying to be in the spotlight.

what happened between pat h20 barry and rose? i know they are together but what are the details. don't want to search through threads

what happened between pat h20 barry and rose? i know they are together but what are the details. don't want to search through threads

They met when Pat was 27 and Rose was 14. I don't think anything happened then. Then she left the gym for a while and came back at like 17-18 years old, at which point Pat was 30-31.

Rose did some interview when she was 22 saying her and Pat were dating like 2-3 years. Pat chimed in and said he feels like it was more like 5 years....which would put Rose at 17 and Pat at 30.

Which I guess the age gap isn't THAT big of deal when you are 30 or something, but at 17, 13 year difference is a lot. And Pat has always said that for him it was "love at first sight". Add to the fact Rose has some abuse in her past as a child/teenager from what I've read. It's just kind of creepy. But if they are both happy I guess.

those guys who were fans until the fighter tested positive for steroids... are you aware of how anything in this world works? do you still believe in santa claus and the tooth fairy? that is the most hilarious reason why you could stop supporting as a fan. you might as well as just quit watching UFC for one, and all professional sports. that is laughable.

They met when Pat was 27 and Rose was 14. I don't think anything happened then. Then she left the gym for a while and came back at like 17-18 years old, at which point Pat was 30-31.

Rose did some interview when she was 22 saying her and Pat were dating like 2-3 years. Pat chimed in and said he feels like it was more like 5 years....which would put Rose at 17 and Pat at 30.

Which I guess the age gap isn't THAT big of deal when you are 30 or something, but at 17, 13 year difference is a lot. And Pat has always said that for him it was "love at first sight". Add to the fact Rose has some abuse in her past as a child/teenager from what I've read. It's just kind of creepy. But if they are both happy I guess.
dude if you think as a 30 year old, dating a 17 year old isn't that big of a gap, then you should probably take a seat.

those guys who were fans until the fighter tested positive for steroids... are you aware of how anything in this world works? do you still believe in santa claus and the tooth fairy? that is the most hilarious reason why you could stop supporting as a fan. you might as well as just quit watching UFC for one, and all professional sports. that is laughable.

If a fighter test positive he is a proven cheater. You are speculating to claim others cheat. Huge difference.
ie. I doubt you are very bright (speculation). You IQ score is 77 (proven)

U have good points but at the end there he was already approaching mid 30s and was champ for mad long. I think his problem came from being Champ for so long made him always fight like he was defending in a 5 rounder. And the foot injuries took one of his biggest weapons
Yeah, but to be fair it was mostly the thing before that that made me lose some respect for him. I still don't dislike him, but if I ever was a fan, now not so much.

If a fighter test positive he is a proven cheater. You are speculating to claim others cheat. Huge difference.
ie. I doubt you are very bright (speculation). You IQ score is 77 (proven)
that's the dumbest shit i've ever read. who the fook are you? LOL. this sport is not clean, and disliking a fighter because they tested positive, literally proves you know jack shit. go on mr. fantasy man.

Back