Whittaker not impressed with Adesanya performance

Bobby gets decisioned next and injured for another year

Whittaker went 10 rounds with Yoel Romero and won twice. Who else can say that?

That might be a bad thing, though. As in how is his chin going forward? Nobody can answer that with certainty.

I mean...it’s not Like Whittakers performance was anything special in his last fight either, many people felt he lost.
Wow! Going five insane rounds with Romero “nothing special”. Mos def a schoolboy observation.

yeah, but he was fighting Yoel with one hand only.
Just the fact he did not quit shows how much heart he got, how deep he can go.
I thought Whitaker won, but I'm admittedly bias towards Bobby Knuckles.

What “shit” did he talk exactly? He complimented Adesanya on having dug deep for the victory, but also notes the holes in his game that he can exploit better than Gastelum.
I've never expected Rob will talk all that shit in the past few months without even fighting anyone.

Izzy never attacked Rob for anything, let alone sitting on the sidelines and talking shit about someone else's performance.

I've never expected Rob will talk all that shit in the past few months without even fighting anyone.

Izzy never attacked Rob for anything, let alone sitting on the sidelines and talking shit about someone else's performance.
You do realize that MMA reporters are asking him questions SPECIFICALLY about Adesanya, correct? Rob is not a shit talking dude. He just keeps it real on his replies.

It's not like he's a common Sherdogger giving his dumb ass non-fighter unsolicited opinion from the sidelines.

All that aside, I find it to be an intriguing match up. I like both fighters and let the best man win. I think Israel can piece Rob up from the outside, but you never know until the fight happens. That's what makes MMA so exciting for me.

Lol if teeny tiny Gastelum with his short legs can land the first meaningful head kick of his career on Adesanya, Whittaker gonna put him out with them kicks.

I dunno.
I was worried they'd give it to Yoel.
I mean, the last two rounds, after Yoel saw Rob wasn't using his (I think was the right) hand, I got worried.

quite an ironic post since he will.. lol. The reason Gastelum's landed is because he didn't expect a short boxer to throw one.

Whittaker Is known to be a good kicker, he wont have the element of surprise. Israel's fought Infinitely better kickers than rob.
Not in MMA though. If Rob threatens the takedown early he could absolutely catch him with a high kick, especially considering how low Adesanya keeps his hands.

What do you expect these guys to say at this point? Not being that impressed is right up there with “I had the best camp of my life.” It’s just what they say.

This. I can’t believe that anybody takes this pre-fight shit seriously.

Look at the stuff that Gastelum and Adesanya are saying about each other now compared to pre-fight.

The middleweight division is dogshit right now. That's why Kelvin stuck around to see what if---- israel finally beat a tough customer so I can say hes now one of the current top 185ers but , again, it's not like he set the world on fire Saturday night and was dropped more than youd think in reading his press clippings.
I think whitaker beats him. Yoel turns 42 in a week or so but still beats him and BMMA champs beats him. Hell- if you tell me Chris fights to his wrestling/bjj , I'll bet weidman as an underdog to israel.

For all intents and purposes it was a draw. Robert was winning for more of the 25 minutes but when Romero was winning he was winning bigger (it was basically a more exciting Woodley vs Wonderboy if WB was way busier). They have different styles but they are incredibly evenly matched.

And the first time Robert definitely won 48-47, so he’s got nothing to feel sheepish about. After 50 minutes of fighting he’s the won who deserves to be wearing the belt.

Rockhold and Weidman—two very, very good fighters and champions in their own right—couldn’t survive 15 minutes.

Sorry Adesanya will destroy Whittaker with ease. Will bump this thread when it happens.

I Respect opinions but Whittaker is correct
Adesanya was in trouble in that fight and had to dig deep Gastelum kicked Adesanya in the head and he is so much shorter .

I think Gastelum got tired and couldn't keep up the pace he set himself in the first round .

Whittaker will crack Adesanya chin in the second or third round .

It’s just that Robert has been out for a minute , and to fight someone kinda of awkward like Izzy , for your first fight back can be tricky

I think Whittaker outclasses and beats Adesanya but loses to Gastelum due to styles.

Whittaker definitely sees holes he can exploit, he has the experience and he beat Yoel twice while being injured mid-fight. He's a sharp accurate striker and it'll be a good one. I got Whittaker by decision. The injury bug may derail Whittaker at some point though, the dude cannot stay healthy after a fight to save his life.

I mean...it’s not Like Whittakers performance was anything special in his last fight either, many people felt he lost.
Whittaker fought a guy who literally cleaned out the entire division save for him.

Adesanya fought Fatselum who took a SD against Jacare which could have easily gone the other way.

Adesanya would shit his pants staring at Romero from across the cage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back