Whittaker not impressed with Adesanya performance

BEATDOWNS

Power Slap OG
@plutonium
Reaction score
Says he should be very worried.

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/04/robert-whittaker-israel-adesanya-worried-expoited-ufc-236

“I think this fight forced him to draw a little bit more out of the tank, a little bit more will power, a little bit more heart,” Whittaker told “Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show” on ESPN. “You can see in the fight his ups and downs. A little bit more trials, a little bit more obstacles he had to get over. The adversity he had to get through to make sure he lasted to the end of the fight. I thought it was an amazing fight from both guys.

“If you watch the fight you can see the holes that were there from every fight before, they just got exposed bigger. There were holes and there were a lot of things Gastelum exploited, and there were a lot of things Gastelum could’ve exploited but couldn’t because of his makeup, because of his striking style, because of his height, his reach. Gastelum was getting in. Gastelum was landing his left. I’ll get in, I’ll land my right. I’m much faster than Gastelum, I’m a better striker. Israel should be very worried. I’m a very hard fight.”

I still have to re watch Gas vs Izzy but i think Whittaker beats him..imo

Whittaker is a better striker than Gastelum. I'd pick Bobby to beat Adesanya at this point.

Sorry Adesanya will destroy Whittaker with ease. Will bump this thread when it happens.

Sorry Whittaker, fans will be talking about Adesanya/Jones way more than you and Adesanya for now.

This will be a much better fight then I originally thought it would be, I still think Bobby Knuckles stops him. But it's going to be a great fight while it lasts.

I mean...it’s not Like Whittakers performance was anything special in his last fight either, many people felt he lost.

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/04/robert-whittaker-israel-adesanya-worried-expoited-ufc-236

“I think this fight forced him to draw a little bit more out of the tank, a little bit more will power, a little bit more heart,” Whittaker told “Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show” on ESPN. “You can see in the fight his ups and downs. A little bit more trials, a little bit more obstacles he had to get over. The adversity he had to get through to make sure he lasted to the end of the fight. I thought it was an amazing fight from both guys.

“If you watch the fight you can see the holes that were there from every fight before, they just got exposed bigger. There were holes and there were a lot of things Gastelum exploited, and there were a lot of things Gastelum could’ve exploited but couldn’t because of his makeup, because of his striking style, because of his height, his reach. Gastelum was getting in. Gastelum was landing his left. I’ll get in, I’ll land my right. I’m much faster than Gastelum, I’m a better striker. Israel should be very worried. I’m a very hard fight.”

Whittaker beat everyone we thought would beat him.
Proved everyone wrong and even beat Yoel with one hand (although being fair, I think he lost that fight, but was a fucking warrior for not giving up).

That said, Adesanya also proved he is legit by coming back against a game opponent like Kelvin. Dude got heart.

So I think it will be a fucking amazing fight, and will be fine with whoever comes up top!

I mean...it’s not Like Whittakers performance was anything special in his last fight either, many people felt he lost.
yeah, but he was fighting Yoel with one hand only.
Just the fact he did not quit shows how much heart he got, how deep he can go.

I like Whittaker but he hasn’t defended his title yet and by the wars he’s been through with Romero I’d bet his chin is on its way out. Israel should take this by TKO in the first 2 rounds.

I've never expected Rob will talk all that shit in the past few months without even fighting anyone.

Izzy never attacked Rob for anything, let alone sitting on the sidelines and talking shit about someone else's performance.

Yoel Wars might have cracked Whittaker.
You never know.

Whittaker went 10 rounds with Yoel Romero and won twice. Who else can say that?

Whittaker is going to finish him. This is Till vs Woodley all over again. Bank on it.

Gastelum wasn't impresed with aldesanya perfomance vs spider...We Will see

Adesanya has 6 fights in a year.

I can barely remember who Whitaker is.

Lol Whittaker also predicted Kelvin to beat Israel

Typical BS. It's never impressive I guess. Even though he dropped Kelvin on his ass 5x

I dislike Whittaker for preventing Yoel from becoming MW champ twice, I'll be rooting for Israel on this one...

Going to be a banger... I hope this fight goes all 5 rounds and each fighter makes at least 1 million purse.

Back