which takedown has the least possibility of you getting guillotined?

Jeremygp24

White Belt
Reaction score
im gonna spar with this guy next week and his specialty is pretty much a guillotine
i will pretty much destroy him if I avoid it

i have no MMA training so I'm not sure how to take him down safely
i was thinking of a low single because I can do it quickly and it doesnt seem like I can be guillotined from it

any opinions?

i will pretty much destroy him if I avoid it

i have no MMA training so I'm not sure how to take him down safely

any opinions?

You need MMA training to take him down? WHAAAAAA?

I'm gonna cut your girlfriend for that one, broski

You need MMA training to take him down? WHAAAAAA?

I'm gonna cut your girlfriend for that one, broski

what? no I can take him down. I just don't want to get guillotined so i'm curious what takedown is the safest in not getting guillotined

If you don't want to get guillotined against a guy who specializes in guillotines, don't shoot for his legs. Forget about singles and doubles. Stay on top of him. Snap him down. Headlock him. Clinch and throw him. Bait him into shooting on you so you can sprawl on him. Get to his back. He can't guillotine you when you're on his back.

If you train UFC, just head kick him.

Do either of you actually train in anything?

The most effective takedown that is safe from the guillitine is probably the double under clinch takedown. You get double unders, gable grip low on his back, hook a leg and drive him to the ground.

i think you got the idea of going low to avoid getting your head within arm's reach. ankle picks, or some type of throw or a fireman's carry takedown?

Belly to back Suplex.

Do either of you actually train in anything?

The most effective takedown that is safe from the guillitine is probably the double under clinch takedown. You get double unders, gable grip low on his back, hook a leg and drive him to the ground.

This depends on how the guy sets his guillotines up, if he is good at using the whizzer to set him up then this could be dangerous.

I would suggest foot sweeps or leg reaps.

TS Are you fighting Codie McKenzie?

The thing you should do is use the takedowns you normally do and if he guillotines you ask him how he caught you and how you can correct your technique. This way you gain something other than an ego trip.

I WILL PAY MONEY TO SEE THIS FIGHT LOL

btw watch some overeem fights, it was his speciality back in the day.

as for your idea of a low single, watch some sakuraba in pride, he used to try it and get his head punched in usually.

FWTG mentioned something that we did in class (bjj) yesterday actually (it was more of a warmup drill). it doesnt have to be underhooks, you can have your arms over his arms and still do it. as you gable grip low around his body, you use your face in his chest to push at the same time as pulling your arms in. that breaks his balance, so his torso is leaning back (that way it doesnt become a strength battle for the takedown, because he cant really push back when his posture is already broken- judo principle) then you can put your outside foot behind his and he cant step back .

but remember you want to be in touching/jabbing range first, and thats probably what hes waiting for before he shoots on you. so if i were you i'd watch out.

maybe take up american jiu jitsu?

No fireman's carries, you are practically setting up the guillotine when you suck his arm down. No shots either, except maybe low singles or ankle picks from the clinch. I would stick with throws or trips from tie-ups if you are decent enough with them.

i found outside singles to work the best but that would only be for grappling. if punches are involved i wouldnt try it as your likely to get punched in the head.

No fireman's carries, you are practically setting up the guillotine when you suck his arm down.

Unless you do the one arm version with the two on one while controlling the wrist. Then you're money. Just look out for the armbar.

I think this might be the new best recommendation for anything.

QFT.

Seriously though. I find myself really having to think about how to tweak takedowns to not get subbed. and Shields is one guy who DEFINITELY has that down.

Marc Stevens is that you?

LMFAO :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back