Which style is best??

Mexican Judo + Native American Groundfighting + Ryuku Kempo Tomari Te = unstoppable

Aikido, the rumor on youtube is that aikido is banned from the ufc because it is to dangerous.

Yeah they coudn't afford Steven Seagal throwing around the entire light heavyweight division at the same time without touching them. :rolleyes:

And you actually believed that?

Yea, I don't specifically remember it ever happening but I'm sure it did, some guys convinced me of the same thing. If you watch akido videos, you can see that if an ultimate fighter attacked Steven Segal, they would be in big, big trouble. In one movie he beats the shit out of a pro-boxer and in one he knocks Randy Couture out, scary shit.

It's partially true. Aikido isn't allowed because it relies on small-joint manipulation locks, which are illegal in MMA, and have been since the UFC's inception.

There was a guy of a particular style,(it wasn't Aikido mind you), that wrecked everyone in prelims so viciously that he wasn't allowed to fight in an actual event. I'll try to find out his name and style. It was in the early to-mid 90's.

Back