Which striker would you teach a kid to model?

Khabibs Tiramisu

TLJ IS DOGSHIT. OH HI MARK!
@purple
Reaction score
If you want a kid to learn effective striking, which fighter/athlete would you want them to watch and learn from?

edit: anyone aside from Joe Son

Giorgio Petrosyan. Straight fundamentals, and extremely defensively sound. If I'm teaching a kid, one of the first things I'm trying to teach them is how not to get hit.

What style (muay thai, boxing, mma, etc.) and what kind of build does the kid have (short and stocky, long and lean, etc.)? Might as well ask what type of fighting personality do they have (cerebral, aggressive, anxious, etc.).

Currently, Erroll Spence Jr
I mean...he's probably p4p best boxer but he doesn't really have a style to imitate.

He kinda changes to his opponent. Doesn't necessarily do any one thing incredibly great but has the iq to make people beat themselves.

That'd be hard to replicate but as far as philosophy goes, he's a good fighter to pick

I mean...he's probably p4p best boxer but he doesn't really have a style to imitate.

He kinda changes to his opponent. Doesn't necessarily do any one thing incredibly great but has the iq to make people beat themselves.

That'd be hard to replicate but as far as philosophy goes, he's a good fighter to pick

He doesn't have a style to imitate? He has perfected the fundamentals of boxing.

He doesn't have a style to imitate? He has perfected the fundamentals of boxing.
That's not what i was saying.

He's the best boxer on earth...it's kind of obvious to say his fundamentals are great

That's not what i was saying.

He's the best boxer on earth...it's kind of obvious to say his fundamentals are great

I wouldn't say he's the best boxer on earth.

You said:
"But he doesn't really have a style to imitate."

How about focussing on the fundamentals? Imitating someone who is great at the fundamentals.

I wouldn't say he's the best boxer on earth.

You said:
"But he doesn't really have a style to imitate."

How about focussing on the fundamentals? Imitating someone who is great at the fundamentals.
Fundamentals should be more or less universal. You need a good coach, not watching Errol Spence on tv.

Style comes once you figure out how to fight to your strengths.

Errol doesn't fight the same way every fight like a Mayweather. Errol's approach is more cerebral than having an enormously successful technique which someone like Floyd perfected.

Fundamentals should be more or less universal. You need a good coach, not watching Errol Spence on tv.

Style comes once you figure out how to fight to your strengths.

Errol doesn't fight the same way every fight like a Mayweather. Errol's approach is more cerebral than having an enormously successful technique which someone like Floyd perfected.

I think you should focus on the original post, the question wasn't 'what is the best way to learn how to box'...so coming at me with statements like 'you need a coach not watching TV' isn't relevant to the post at all. My kid receives plenty of coaching and every kid should have a handful of fighters they admire and wish to emulate.

I'm aware Errol Spence doesn't fight like Mayweather (now who is the one being obvious).

....the question was who would I want a kid to learn effective striking from: and I choose Errol Spence. You are trying to disagree with a subjective opinion...I like blue, you like green.

Ernesto Hoost for KB
Pakorn / JWP for MT
Charlie Z for boxing

I like kick spamming. So yodsanklai and samkor

<Fedor23>

Ernesto Hoost for KB
Pakorn / JWP for MT
Charlie Z for boxing
A noble goal but unattainable.
You can’t learn how to be z his style can only be learnt. His subtlety can’t be seen it can only be sawn.

A noble goal but unattainable.
You can’t learn how to be z his style can only be learnt. His subtlety can’t be seen it can only be sawn.
We should all aspire to be like the GOAT, he's just a regular dude, no god given talent, but rose to greatness of 160-0, all finishes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back