• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which Sherdog Era are you from?

Sherdogger Bless

• Total voters
When did you first start posting or lurking on the GOAT MMA / General Discussion Board?

btjZh83.gif

Could only fit 20 options *** so list your era if it isn't poled ;)

Honestly, before Sherdog ever existed.

I can never remember exactly when I started watching MMA, but I know for sure the first PPV I ever bought was Forrest vs Rampage because of their TUF season. I'm sure I'd been a fan for years by that point, but I know that's when I actually invested any money into buying a PPV.

Can't believe I watched that on a shitty 36inch tube TV in my parents living room. And it was like $50.

Now I stream it for free on a 65inch QLED TV in my own place.

Time's have changed.

I said Brocktober but Lesnar had nothing to do with it and when I started I didn't even know he was in the UFC. My first event I watched was UFC 115 after watching that lead-in season of TUF and UFC Unleashed episodes.

My uncle got me into mma, we used to watch recorded events from a few months ago in vhs… from 93 to 96/97. Good ole Severn, Hoyce, Ken, Kimo, Paul Valerans (rip), Oleg, etc. Great times. By 97 I lost all contact with mma until I moved to usa in 2004. Tuf 1 got me hooked again. Didn’t have a clue about Pride, k1, strikeforce, Dana, Fedor, Crocop, Vitor, Couture, Liddell etc. It all stopped for me in 97 lol. Began lurking around in 2004. Opened an acct in 2005 but got hacked.

Still a fan to this day, mma is not the same it was… I think me getting older has lots to do with it but also the quality took a hit.

Last edited:
Was a huge K-1 fan until Badr Hari stomped out Remy in the finals.
Then started watching UFC cause my friends liked it. The first fight I remember is Chuck vs Rashard.

Back