• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which Robbery is your favourite?

Every Hendricks close losses are fun to me. The guy was unbearable to watch. I should not say that because he had the guts to fight and all but man he was annoying

I'm annoyed at every robbery. Not sure I can think of one I like
Another one that I like is when masvidal lost to iaquinta he spent an entire round just running away and coasting I don't mind seeing fighters who coast lose

they call this robbery its funny thats the worst version of jones
D version of him
its hilarious they cant even beat the worst version of jon jones

I'll go with Allen vs Curtis 2 - It was a robbery but Curtis is a clown always beefing and whining in stupid ways, like the time he slapped a ref for not letting him fight Belal after the final bell. So I don't mind him getting robbed too much

Machida vs Shogun I guess

I think Shogun had it 4 - 1 but I thought three of those rounds were competitive, so I didnt think it was that bad of a robbery.,
I liked that robbery too because it made the rematch just that more satisfying.

Robbie beating Hendricks in the rematch to win the title. I love Robbie but he lost that fight. It's like that judges were so displeased with Johnny's performance they gave it Robbie.
I know robbery gets thrown around a lot on sherdog.

For the sake of this thread, lets just say a robbery is a decision you dont agree with. just so we dont have to argue semantics

Lawler vs Hendricks 2 is an example of how a decision that I didn't agree with made me so happy to see, we got so many great fights from robbie beating hendricks that we may have miss out on.
Hendricks was wronged on this night, but I'm totally okay with that. are there any decisions you disagree with but love the outcome?
View attachment 1048083
I disagree. 49-46 was wrong, Hendricks clearly won rounds 2 & 3. But Robbie clearly won 1 & 5. The 4th was Johnny's until he sat his head between Robbies legs for the final minute and ate bombs to his body & head. He literally gave themat fight away.

I had BJ winning the first match against Edgar.

Diego Sanchez over Ross Pearson was the most utterly preposterous decision maybe of all time .
It’s so bad its actually comical
This was 100% rigged. Proof rigged fights exist in the UFC

GSP Hendricks and Jones Reyes was rigged too. But Pearson Diego didn't even have any room to rig and make stupid fans defend it. It made no sense. The fight just didn't matter a lot so people overlooked it.

And GSP fans who say he beat Hendricks are big idiots.

a couple funny ones were Shevchenko vs Grasso II, I don't think it was a robbery at all but a very very close fight, I just like seeing Valentina lose. Ankalaev losing to Jan was hilarious because he basically refused to win, and it pissed dana off so much he was calling it the worst fight in the history of the sport, which was so weird to say lol you're a fight promoter.

Why is it, every fucking time somebody makes a thread like this, my answer is already taken by TS or the first response... Gosh damn it. Lawler beating Hendricks in the rematch was one of the few times I was happy after hearing a decision I thought was wrong.

Machida vs Shogun could be a robbery

GSP vs Hendricks wasnt
Jones vs Reyes wasn’t

Machida - Rampage, i lost a bunch on Machida - Shogun so this made me happy in pants.

imo Shogun was robbed of a draw in the first Henderson fight, still one of the most legendary fights ever though

Completely agreed, Shogun somehow only got a 10-9 for one of the most lopsided rounds ever.

I was pissed off about it and still am.

Also a draw would have made it even more legendary in my eyes.

Pudz vs Thompson
It was so bad they had to change it

I dont Hendrics won GSP. He was better fighter but GSP did make more points.

I’m not sure I’d call these two fights robberies they were just razor thin fights. Rd 1 in gsp Hendricks could have gone either way and rd 3 in jones Reyes could have gone either way as well. (Rd 2 was extremely close as well in the jones Reyes fight.) it’s perfectly reasonable to score both fights either way. When I think of robberies I think of fights like Hammil Bisping, or Garcia vs phan.

Back