Which POST GSP WW "GOAT" Gives GSP the most trouble?

Maybe Gilbert Burns, maybe Robbie Lawler.

Lawler and its not even close all the other champ since then lacks in the stricking or get takedown easily

Honestly GSP probably gets his ass kicked by Leon. Leon outstrikes him and inflicts far more danage and has exceptional TD defense. Usman probably concusses GSP or gets outworked by GSP to a decision.

I think prime Usman wins. Other top WWs like Usman and Colby give GSP more trouble than any of his opponents save Hendricks.

UFC fighters are a lot better now than when GSP fought.
Heh Usman isn't in his prime anymore ?

I think Lawlers butterfly guard, southpaw stance, heavy striking and ability to force chaos would make for the closest fight
Hendricks is obviously the clearest answer but outside of him Lawler is a very underrated champion.

Usman gets jabbed and footworked to hell, Edwards showed the blueprint that GSP could definitely follow and even score some takedowns.

I think Edwards gets bullied, I also think Colby out wrestles him too, his output is too selective and I think guys with good pressure will take advantage like Usman did in the 2nd fight.

Robbie Lawler wasn't better then Hendricks atleast when he was on the sauce

Would be sick to see prime GSP vs Khabib or khamzat

Gsp dry humps the fuck out of them or they can't handle his riddum and get finished.

I think Usman and Lawler give GSP his toughest fight in that order.

It's hard to argue that Georges St-Pierre isn't the WW GOAT - he's a legend in the sport for a reason. But let's talk about the newer guys and who could potentially give GSP a run for his money.

I mean, Usman is good and all, but he's kinda robotic in his movements, and he ain't gonna out-wrestle GSP. Let's be real, GSP would just jab him all day long and take the decision without breaking a sweat. Maybe I'm sleeping on Usman cause he looked so slow against Leon last night.

Now, Woodley's a different story. Guy had some serious power back in his prime and could explode at any moment. I could see him hurting GSP at some point, but I still think GSP would tough it out and win by decision.

But you know who's really underrated in my opinion? Robbie Lawler. That dude just gets stronger and stronger the more you hit him. Remember how Rory MacDonald just couldn't put him away and it only made Robbie even more dangerous in the 4th and 5th rounds? I think those rounds would be a real problem for GSP because Robbie just keeps coming forward. I'd even go as far as saying Robbie would be the toughest fight for 2011-2014 GSP.

Anyway, that's just my two cents. I don't see anyone else giving GSP a hard time, to be honest.
No WW Alive can match 2009 GSP, The GSP that absolutely ruined BJ.

I'll say 2009 GSP beats any WW to have ever step into an MMA Cage. Even a Bulked up Khabib wouldn't be a match for him.. Easy, EASY Work.

GSP was just an absolute Savage when he was younger and on his Second Title Run. Lawler would give him problems, due to the ruthlessness, but still, GSP beats the brakes off of him and I love Lawler..

Some people in this new Generation, just don't understand how Great GSP truly was. Truly a once in a Lifetime Fighter that made a ton of progress all throughout his career and I'm blessed to have witnessed a Freshman GSP, all the way until Senior GSP that beat Bisping!!

Peak Usman vs peak GSP is toss-up.

Usman can jab with GSP, wrestle with GSP, and keep at least the same pace. Basically all of GSP's advantages are neutralized except Usman is slightly larger and has more natural punching power. His will to win is also pretty much maxed out. Anybody that says GSP easily wins that fight is being silly.

I think GSP tools Woodley. 2013-2015 Lawler is a brutal matchup on paper.

Usman and Lawler are extremely tough matchups for GSP.

Although I feel both of them would probably need to hurt GSP at least once to win a decision against him, his output was higher than theres tends to be and if its just a battle of the jabs I suspect he wins a decision.

One thing Hendricks had going for him that gets overlooked a bit is that his jab was very active, he could keep pumping it all night at a relatively fast pace.

Although I feel both of them would probably need to hurt GSP at least once to win a decision against him, his output was higher than theres tends to be and if its just a battle of the jabs I suspect he wins a decision.

One thing Hendricks had going for him that gets overlooked a bit is that his jab was very active, he could keep pumping it all night at a relatively fast pace.

I don't think GSP ever had close to as much output as Usman did against Colby the first time or Lawler against Rory on the rematch a d they both got late finishes. Even when Lawler faded against Hendricks in their first fight he had crazy high output in the preceding rounds and it was Hendricks' ridiculous durability that was pivotal.

I really don't think GSP has an advantage there.

I don't think GSP ever had close to as much output as Usman did against Colby the first time or Lawler against Rory on the rematch a d they both got late finishes. Even when Lawler faded against Hendricks in their first fight he had crazy high output in the preceding rounds and it was Hendricks' ridiculous durability that was pivotal.

I really don't think GSP has an advantage there.

Lawler did I think always have a tendency to take the middle rounds off in the latter part of his career, maybe not vs Rory as much because he pushed forward so much.

Last edited:
I think Lawler, Usman, and Woodley are all tough fights, but I think GSP wins a clear cut decision over all of them. TWood's 1-shot KO threat, especially in round 1, would worry me the most as a GSP fan.

But I think pre-Usasa, IV hendricks is a much bigger problem than any of them. I don't think he was competing naturally, but I think the version of Hendricks GSP fought is as scary of a welterweight as there has ever been. D1 champion wrestler, kicked like a mule, insane pop in his hands. Guy was such a problem and GSP managed to eke him out past his best days. Remember that, when they fought, GSP had definitely begun to slow down physically. He looked human in the few fights before that. I think his prime was probably 3-4 years prior to that fight during the Fitch-Koscheck 2 run where he just murdered all of these top guys in their primes and his speed was just freaky.
Yeah Hendricks was a monster. I wouldn't rank him in the top 3 welterweight goats in terms of Achievements but in terms of who would win in a fight I would put Hendricks as the second GOAT in terms of that. I think he would beat every single ww today.

Back