News Which one of y'all wrote this article???

TheRealWill

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://www.scmp.com/sport/martial-.../ufc-georges-st-pierre-needs-back-away-khabib

Apparently the South China Morning Post are big Khabib fans, or at least this author is. Either that, or he's never seen GSP fight except for highlights against Hendricks and his fight against Bisping.

"It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see how this would play out. Khabib would massacre St-Pierre and I can’t wrap my head around why he would keep pushing for such a fight."

"On the razor thin chance that St-Pierre does beat Khabib, say via a sneaky tap-out or choke hold, which is incredibly unlikely given the type of fighter the Russian is, or if St-Pierre gets incredibly lucky and catches Khabib with a punch or kick for a KO, it is not a dream scenario after that."

I mean, this is down right disrespectful in my opinion.

I can see leaning towards Khabib or making a case for him to win, but this is so far beyond that. I wanna have words with this author, but I don't Twitter so...

The real question IMHO, is can GSP make 155 and more importantly, how much will it effect him? I could see making that argument as well, but he's not.

I truly believe that if GSP was able to perform the same way he did at WW, it would be a massacre, just not the way this guy thinks.

GSP is more athletic, more dynamic, more diverse, better range, better use of range, better footwork and mobility, probably hits harder, has much better kicks and we'll, basically everything except wrestling, but I don't think he's gonna take and hold GSP down for 5 rounds.

So which one of y'all wrote this???

Better start puttin some respect on his name.

I think its between @20falarVerdades & his alt account @GrayArea.
These guys are devout GSP haters who push false narratives in order to downplay the GOAT's greatness , Yet they have no success.

It's a hard call, but I think even in his late 30's and at 155lbs, GSP wins. I wouldn't be confident enough to put money on it, though. It's definitely not a clear cut choice either way.

Khabib via Combat Sambo and I'll cash out to some free surf and turf off the winnings

@RNC555
BitesizedRemoteBongo-size_restricted.gif

https://www.scmp.com/sport/martial-.../ufc-georges-st-pierre-needs-back-away-khabib

Apparently the South China Morning Post are big Khabib fans, or at least this author is. Either that, or he's never seen GSP fight except for highlights against Hendricks and his fight against Bisping.

"It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see how this would play out. Khabib would massacre St-Pierre and I can’t wrap my head around why he would keep pushing for such a fight."

"On the razor thin chance that St-Pierre does beat Khabib, say via a sneaky tap-out or choke hold, which is incredibly unlikely given the type of fighter the Russian is, or if St-Pierre gets incredibly lucky and catches Khabib with a punch or kick for a KO, it is not a dream scenario after that."

I can see leaning towards Khabib or making a case for him to win, but this is so far beyond that. I wanna have words with this author, but I don't Twitter so...

The real question IMHO, is can GSP make 155 and more importantly, how much will it effect him? I could see making that argument as well, but he's not.

I truly believe that if GSP was able to perform the same way he did at WW, it would be a massacre, just not the way this guy thinks.

GSP is more athletic, more dynamic, more diverse, better range, better use of range, better footwork and mobility, probably hits harder, has much better kicks and we'll, basically everything except wrestling, but I don't think he's gonna take and hold GSP down for 5 rounds.

You lost me at "I don't Twitter".

Be honest, OP, you wrote that shit and now you're trying to promote it on here.

GSP 38 years old, 28 total fights, 78 total rounds, over 1/2 his fights against UFC top 10/ Contenders / Championship Level fighter. He’s sustained considerable damage and cage mileage against a murders row. Never fought @155, hasnt fought in 2 years and only once since Nov 2013.

Khabib 31 years old, 28 total fights, 57 total round, all but 16 outside of the UFC, 6 fights versus UFC top 10/ Contenders / Championship Level fighters, hasn’t sustained hardly any damage over his career. 1/2 his fights or last 12 @155. Hasn’t been super active, but by no means has ringrust.

IMO this is a huge discriminator against GSP’s chances to win...

but who knows, maybe the huge layoff and lack of cagetime since 2013 will allow him another glorious return and surprise to many such as he did @217.

How does one even find an article like this?
I ran into this article today. My phone is less than a month old, and I've pretty much only used it to check combat sports results, so I guess it's just pulling shit from anywhere when I open chrome and it gives suggested articles

The article is complete crap written by someone who doesn't sound like they have journalistic experience or any more than 4 years of mma- watching experience

LoL.

George would kill khabib. Ya'll know he's naturally about 60 lbs heavier than Khabib, right?

It would be a sight to behold to see these two unstoppable Emma wrestling phenoms fight each other, but simple logic tells us that George would be the rightful favorite.

The only X factor is his time off.

Back