Which of those MW champions can prime GSP beat

Hard to say since GSP is quite small for MW and is the shortest MW champion.
There is a difference of 15 cm in height between GSP and Pereira/Adesanya.
Rockhold, Weidman and Silva were also big MWs.

I think he beats Rich.

Hard to say between him and Silva. If Chael took him down for 4 rounds and lost due to stupidity... GSP can beat him. Silva can also beat him.
inb4 retards saying GSP ducked Silva... a guy much bigger than him, in an era where having 2 belts at the same time wasn't something that UFC wanted.

Whit is better on the feet and has great takedown defense.

Israel and Pereira don't have the best ground game so I can see GSP taking them down and keeping them there. There are just lucky that MW doesn't have strong wrestlers, like prime Weidman. Vettori is a good wrestler, but his cardio doesn't allow him to shoot for many takedowns.
I can also see GSP getting KTFO by one punch.

Only Franklin. Prime for Prime. Rest too big too powerful. Size matters. Bisping is the easiest modern title fight at MW by a landslide. That's why GSP wanted him and he openly stated it.

Gets chinned by Whittaker Izzy and Weidman arguably by Silva too others he beat

Whittaker, Weidman and Rockhold would be his most difficult matchups.

We'll never really know how good GSP would have been at MW, as he wanted nothing to do with the real contenders.

If the likes of Romero, Mousasi, Whittaker, Rockhold, Souza had that gold he would have stayed retired.

Its easier to put the guys he doesn't beat.
Weidman
Whittaker

Whittaker ran from welterweight

Nw2vWl8.gif

people who say all are delusional
izzy and silva would have ko'd him cold
whittaker easily beats him too
and pereira probably chins him
bisping with 1 eye had him bloodied

I don't think he could beat Weidman, Whittaker, or Rockhold, they are terrible match ups for him and I can't see GSP out grappling them for the win and he's at a power and reach disadvantage against all but Whittaker maybe but only for reach. Franklin, Izzy and Anderson he could beat but I wouldn't have him as a big favorite over any of them. Pereira would be the easiest match up and the only one where I would have GSP being like a 70/30 favorite or better.

Franklin
Silva
Weidman
Rockhold
Whittaker
Izzy
Pereira
Probably all of them.

Prime Franklin would be fun, but Rich would end up like Bisping

Prime Silva would be very Dangerous throughout, but look what Chael accomplished with aggressive wrestling. GSP would do that for all 5 rds.

Prime Weidman would be a pretty even match style wise.

Prime Rockhold would also be a fun one, and probably one of the better performers as well due to his well rounded skillset.

Whittaker would get dominated fairly easily, but has a good chance of landing the kill shot with his unusual striking. He could pull a Serra on the right night.

Izzy would get dominated easily like Silva, but also presents real danger the entire time.

Periera would likely get mauled and fatigue to the point that he offered no danger after a round or two.

We'll never really know how good GSP would have been at MW, as he wanted nothing to do with the real contenders.

If the likes of Romero, Mousasi, Whittaker, Rockhold, Souza had that gold he would have stayed retired.
That wasn't prime GSP tho.
.....It's hard to say what a 30 year old me GSP could have done.

All of them them and it’s not even close.

If he coulda he woulda lets be honest dude is one of the goats but he was a man who feared losing just like Khabibiooo

If he loses to Rockhold and Silva then Weidman beats him. Are you forgetting Weidman is a BJJ black belt, and heavier than Rockhold and Silva and a better wrestler?
Weidmans black belt didn't do shit against a longer lanky Rockhold. Had his back in round 1 and couldn't finish. Then started to get dominated on the ground later in the fight. IMO the body type that Silva and Luke have(Jon Jones as well) is the best for MMA and would give GSP (who I think is the GOAT) trouble.

If GSP could beat MW champs without cherry picking he would've fought in that division constantly.
Exactly, guy had lots of close fights at WW, has some * in his wins but there's people believing he's beating them all, lol.

I would say prime GSP could beat any of those guys except Anderson Silva. GSP had a chance to fight him when both were at their peak, and he chose not to.

Honestly think his best bet is Potan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back