Which of those MW champions can prime GSP beat

Franklin is a big boy, well rounded, and would likely out muscle Georgie.

Franklin weighed 200lbs to 205lbs at MW. When he fought at LHW he was 210lbs he said he was a small LHW and had to face 230lb guys (Like Griffin)

Rich was a poor weight cutter. Bisping also cuts from 200lbs and never had issue making 185lb but Franklin preferred catchweight fights so he could cut less water weight.
Weidmans black belt didn't do shit against a longer lanky Rockhold. Had his back in round 1 and couldn't finish. Then started to get dominated on the ground later in the fight. IMO the body type that Silva and Luke have(Jon Jones as well) is the best for MMA and would give GSP (who I think is the GOAT) trouble.

Weidman by that point was already in trouble. GSP is not as good as Rockhold in striking and isnt as large.

Probably all of them.

Prime Franklin would be fun, but Rich would end up like Bisping

Prime Silva would be very Dangerous throughout, but look what Chael accomplished with aggressive wrestling. GSP would do that for all 5 rds.

Prime Weidman would be a pretty even match style wise.

Prime Rockhold would also be a fun one, and probably one of the better performers as well due to his well rounded skillset.

Whittaker would get dominated fairly easily, but has a good chance of landing the kill shot with his unusual striking. He could pull a Serra on the right night.

Izzy would get dominated easily like Silva, but also presents real danger the entire time.

Periera would likely get mauled and fatigue to the point that he offered no danger after a round or two.

Seriously? He's at a size and reach disadvantage

Beats all of them at 170. Prime GSP was a WW.

GSP at MW only beats Bisping types.

And Ping is a journeyman

He'd be Marvin vettori/cannonier level at MW

Last edited:
We are talking if he just fought at his peak WW form and conceded a weight advantage to the opponent? I think his best chance would be against Whitaker, and I'd see him as a dog there also.

After seeing what he looked like at 185; I think the LW version of GSP would be closer to elite level than the MW version was.

Seriously? He's at a size and reach disadvantage
I think so.

Based on what we saw of him at 185, and his utter dominance at 170, in his prime he has a good chance of beating any of them.

Weidman and Rockhold would be the two toughest, imo, then Whitaker, Franklin, Silva, Izzy, and Perierra.

He gets absolutely killed by all of them. The only one he has a chance against is Franklin.

As if GSP wouldn't do a Chael gameplan vs. Anderson but with more GNP and subs.

Hard to say against the strikers because GSP has dominated scary strikers before who were on a roll.

Back