Which of these fighters do you believe can still become champion after losing their title shot?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Which of these fighters do you believe can still become champion after losing their title shot?

Gustafsson?
OzuYWTm.gif

Oezdemir?
manuwa-ko1.gif

Ngannou?
Yzy04W0.jpg

Thoughts?

Gustafsson easily, i can see him beating cormier now and went 50/50 with jones
sGpFwmv.gif

his striking and takedown defense look amazing in the glover fight. has improved a lot since he fought jones and cormier
t64kNbn.gif

Last edited:
Of those three Gus by far.

Gustafsson. Because I don't think DC or Jones will ever be back to LHW, and Rumble is now about 300lbs.

Gus for sure. He has to actually fight tho

Ngannou is 52 and yet still the most likely to see gold in the future.

None. Gus refuses to fight, Oezdemir isn't beating the top guys, and in Ngannou's mind he's been the champ for over a year now.

Likely Gus as the bar at 205 has been drastically lowered through suspensions and retirements. Unless Weidman, Rockhold, or other 185ers move up it will take another 2 years for the division to become competitive through prospects getting better. The top 205ers (not counting DC) are basically upper/lower tier gatekeepers
Gus....meh
Manuwa....meh
OSP.....meh
Glover.....meh
No Time....needs more time to develop
Latifi.....same as above
Corey Anderson....less than meh
Smith....shows promise

205 sucks. DC and moreso Jones destroyed that division by making everyone look bad, lol

Last edited:
As much as I hate him the answer is Colby Covington. Being stripped of his fake belt and denied a chance to unify in favor of Darren Till will mean little in the long run. He will get the Woodley-Till winner and even if he loses that I see him getting gold eventually.

Of the 3 you posted I guess I'd go with Gus as long as Jones and DC are out of the picture

Only Gus

EDIT: Ngannou too I guess if he remembers how to throw a punch, everyone at HW is 2 KOs away from a TS.

Alex... if the guy fought and before the return of Jones.

None of them.

Gus gave both Jones and DC a hell of a fight. I don't think it's s stretch to imagine him besting either man.
True but doesn't fight much anymore. Seems to have lost the passion

Ngannou.

Gus is crippled and whining 25/8. Which is a shame, because he's a treat to watch most of the time.

Likely Gus as the bar at 205 has been drastically lowered through suspensions and retirements. Unless Weidman, Rockhold, or other 185ers move up it will take another 2 years for the division to become competitive through prospects getting better. The top 205ers (not counting DC) are basically upper/lower tier gatekeepers
Gus....meh
Manuwa....meh
OSP.....meh
Glover.....meh
No Time....needs more time to develop
Latifi.....same as above
Corey Anderson....less than meh
Smith....shows promise

205 sucks. DC and moreso Jones destroyed that division by making everyone look bad, lol
Time to develop? Latifi's about 40 dude.

Back