Which movie was really stupid when you rewatched it

I watch Short Circuit 1 in the theater and from what I can remember people were having a genuinely fun time.

I do miss those days.
I didnt see it in theatres I dont think, but I had HBO and they probably showed both movies on there alot.

I didnt see it in theatres I dont think, but I had HBO and they probably showed both movies on there alot.
Oh my mother watched it all the time on HBO, that fuckin movie was always on lol.

Reactions: HHJ
Fuck you dude, Aliens is awesome.

They would have sent mainly humans for the same reason we likely will into the future... humans are cheap, highly advanced androids are not.

How many million dollars do you think it costs to make each of those androids? Add in maintenance costs and you absolutely wouldn't be risking losing them.
<{anton}>

Oh my sweet summer child.

Humans are not cheap. We require food, water, extensive training, money, housing, an HR department, clothes, healthcare and a benefits package and oh, our mental health needs upkeep too. I'm not gonna try and math it but that's well over 100K of todays dollars for one person for four years (standard enlistment).

You're not thinking what Bishop is - he's AGI, artificial general intelligence, "the singularity". That's a HUUUUUUGE deal and in the movie that tech is over a century old and technology gets cheaper with time. We already have robots that can walk and pick stuff up, the problem is AI doesn't exist right meow and they need power (battery tech sucks). It follows that if you can make intelligent synths that pass for human then you can make "dumb" androids/robots that can do basically everything and they'll be far cheaper and you don't have to do all the previously aforementioned, costly things for them. The movie defeats the entire premise of sending marines with its own technology lmao. By the movies' own standard AI literally does everything humans can do. Bishop and the automated systems in the movie do literally everything humans can. Even if, even if we grant that this stuff - technology that's over a century old - can't be mass produced for some reason, it'd still be cheaper and safer to send one android or robot to look around and assess the situation first than a bunch of people.

It's okay, it's okay. It's still great. Just enjoy it for what it is, a fun, well made movie about the themes of motherhood, Vietnam, and corporate greed.

Yes, Field of Dreams is ridiculous but I do not care

d352e02f-0e8f-4274-a272-2bbcdc1e8b0c

<DCrying><DCrying><DCrying>
Every. damn. time.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Thought it was awesome when I was a kid. Rewatched all the Indy movies and that one does not hold up.

<{anton}>

Oh my sweet summer child.

Humans are not cheap. We require food, water, extensive training, money, housing, an HR department, clothes, healthcare and a benefits package and oh, our mental health needs upkeep too. I'm not gonna try and math it but that's well over 100K of todays dollars for one person for four years (standard enlistment).

You're not thinking what Bishop is - he's AGI, artificial general intelligence, "the singularity". That's a HUUUUUUGE deal and in the movie that tech is over a century old and technology gets cheaper with time. We already have robots that can walk and pick stuff up, the problem is AI doesn't exist right meow and they need power (battery tech sucks). It follows that if you can make intelligent synths that pass for human then you can make "dumb" androids/robots that can do basically everything and they'll be far cheaper and you don't have to do all the previously aforementioned, costly things for them. The movie defeats the entire premise of sending marines with its own technology lmao. By the movies' own standard AI literally does everything humans can do. Bishop and the automated systems in the movie do literally everything humans can. Even if, even if we grant that this stuff - technology that's over a century old - can't be mass produced for some reason, it'd still be cheaper and safer to send one android or robot to look around and assess the situation first than a bunch of people.

It's okay, it's okay. It's still great. Just enjoy it for what it is, a fun, well made movie about the themes of motherhood, Vietnam, and corporate greed.
simpsons-stay-out.gif

Now...keep in mind I havent seen this movie in decades...

but I loved The Last Dragon as a kid.

Then I re-watched it as a teenager and found it dated and stupid.

I hafta re-watch it again tho.

Sho-nuff was cool tho.
How dare you call Alex Caceres stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: HHJ
Oh brother, we didn't even get into how weird it is that the colony had no synths and no security cameras IN THE BUILDING WITH THE REACTOR, THE MOST IMPORTANT PLACE WHERE YOU'D WANT CAMERAS lmao. Also, all the colonists had transmitters implanted in them but the transmitters don't keep track of things like heat rate (so the marines can't tell if they're alive) meanwhile the marines' transmitters do?? What the fuck?

...Okay, okay! I'll see myself out.

200w.gif

Oh brother, we didn't even get into how weird it is that the colony had no synths and no security cameras IN THE BUILDING WITH THE REACTOR, THE MOST IMPORTANT PLACE WHERE YOU'D WANT CAMERAS lmao. Also, all the colonists had transmitters implanted in them but the transmitters don't keep track of things like heat rate (so the marines can't tell if they're alive) meanwhile the marines' transmitters do?? What the fuck?

...Okay, okay! I'll see myself out.

200w.gif
You was already thrown out

FOR CRIMES AGAINST CINEMA

I tried to watch that with my kids the other day. COULD NOT.

I wonder if theres one household on the planet thats watching a Julia Roberts movie at this very moment. I doubt it.
Myother rewatches pretty wiman a couple times each year.
Apparently women think that a street hooker giving rich guys discounts is a good romantic story.

Even worse, if sauron made the ring, then he's obviously super powerful. And if he's that powerful he doesn't even need the ring. And if he did, he could make another one.
That's on Tolkien, he does not explain it in LOTR but in Silmarillion and side notes.
The Ring contained part of Sauron's essence, so he could not make another one, especially since he had no physical form after being slain by Isildur. That is also why he didn't solo the entire forces of good.
The Ring gave the owner, let's call it, unlimited mana. In Tolkien's world mana is limited and does not replenish easilly, that's why Gandalf didn't cast fireballs and protective spheres every minute.
The eagles are sentient and proud, and would get corrupted by the Ring same as Galadriel or Gandalf, so no air taxi to Mordor, sorry.

Back