Which movie was really stupid when you rewatched it

I’m watching “Field Of Dreams” and it’s really stupid. Guys in a cornfield and hears a voice saying if you build it they will come over and over.. . He out of the blue figures out that if he builds a baseball field shoeless Joe Jackson of all people will show up.. no idea how he figured that out… then he cuts down corn and risk his farm to put a baseball field in his backyard … his wife is cool with it at first but then realizes they needed the corn to make money.
I didn’t remember it being so stupid when I watched it years ago,

What other movies don’t hold up as an adult ?

Ketchup

yeah but Costner, James Earl Jones (RIP!- absolute legend) and Lancaster (absolute legend) sell the hell out of it. So it can’t be all bad.

Also, I love Costner's reflection on and impression of Lancaster here on Eisen's show. How excited he was that Costner wanted to discuss The Kentuckian. Lol.

You saw that??

I find myself skipping to the fight scenes in some Bruce Lee movies if Im totally honest. Big Boss is horrible to watch beg to end.

A SHIT TON of movies age horribly. A better question is which movies can you watch now lol.

I'd argue the first one was pretty good. Very rewatchable.

The second... well... its decent, but has alot of flaws.

The third... worth watching. Its a popcorn movie.

After that? Absolute trash. Especially the last one 'Welcome to Raccoon City' that was supposed to be adapting the first two games.

If you add the Netflix series I don't think there's been a video game series that's had more chances at adaptation and failed embarassingly horribly.

What amazes me about video game to film adaptations in general is that, all these years later, Mortal Kombat from 1995 is still pretty easily one of the best. That's pretty telling.

Bloodsport still rules tho
I love them all
The Quest, Bloodsport, Kickboxer, Lionheart etc

Difference is not love, is just that now i realize how stupid they were, specially in parts child Bacco found coolest

I watched goonies for first time ever two weeks ago…. It’s 80s didn’t really dislike it

Last edited:
One of my favorite movies as a kid was '3 Ninjas.'

R.99cc7fb13d613df9f9c11ab3a9743c75

I watched it as an adult... and its pure cringe.

Think I loved it as a kid because ninjas were cool, ninja training seemed like you were given super powers, and the movie was like some kind of wish fulfillment.

Pre-teens kicking the asses of dozens of fully-grown men?
{<hhh]

There's a reason why some kids movies are well remembered and many more are forgotten.
Lol I had this crushing realization when I ordered it on dvd in my 20s. Couldn’t even get through it. But totally loved it as a child. I still need to rewatch the one with the girl that rocky likes. That was my favorite one as a child. Likely stinks but for now, I can’t be sure!

What amazes me about video game to film adaptations in general is that, all these years later, Mortal Kombat from 1995 is still pretty easily one of the best. That's pretty telling.

Hmmm... Mortal Kombat 1995 could be picked apart too, to be fair.

I'd say Silent Hill 2006 is worthy of a nomination for 'Best Video Game Adaptation.' The Sonic movies have been surprisingly high quality as well.

Arcane is undoubtedly the absolute best though. No question.

arcane-key-art.jpg

What is absolutely shocking is most of the adaptations you'd think would be awesome... Halo, Resident Evil, Need 4 Speed, Assassin's Creed, Warcraft, Max Payne... have mostly been absolute shit with a few exceptions.

And the ones you'd think would be absolute shit... Arcane, Sonic, Silent Hill, & Mortal Kombat 1995 were quite good. But even then Silent Hill & Mortal Kombat had two of the absolute worst sequels I've ever seen.

And I've seen alot of sequels.

One of my favorite movies as a kid was '3 Ninjas.'

R.99cc7fb13d613df9f9c11ab3a9743c75

I watched it as an adult... and its pure cringe.

Think I loved it as a kid because ninjas were cool, ninja training seemed like you were given super powers, and the movie was like some kind of wish fulfillment.

Pre-teens kicking the asses of dozens of fully-grown men?
{<hhh]

There's a reason why some kids movies are well remembered and many more are forgotten.
It is definitely awful as an adult. surf ninjas also sucks ass as an adult watching it.

Hmmm... Mortal Kombat 1995 could be picked apart too, to be fair.

I'd say Silent Hill 2006 is worthy of a nomination for 'Best Video Game Adaptation.' The Sonic movies have been surprisingly high quality as well.

Arcane is undoubtedly the absolute best though. No question.

arcane-key-art.jpg

What is absolutely shocking is most of the adaptations you'd think would be awesome... Halo, Resident Evil, Need 4 Speed, Assassin's Creed, Warcraft, Max Payne... have mostly been absolute shit with a few exceptions.

And the ones you'd think would be absolute shit... Arcane, Sonic, Silent Hill, & Mortal Kombat 1995 were quite good. But even then Silent Hill & Mortal Kombat had two of the absolute worst sequels I've ever seen.

And I've seen alot of sequels.
dude horror movies are the biggest culprits of this thread.

I tried to watch that with my kids the other day. COULD NOT.

I wonder if theres one household on the planet thats watching a Julia Roberts movie at this very moment. I doubt it.
Mystic Pizza and Pretty Woman and Eric Brokovich or whatever. I think she’s in those. They’re not spectacular but would get rewatched for nostalgia vibes.

Aliens

hear meowt.

In the time since it came out, we've developed robots and drones, both of which have been and are being used in war and to disarm bombs. The movie takes place like two hundred years in the future or whatever and they have general AI and androids. There's no reason to send humans to check out something that potentially dangerous. Send several androids (ideally ones that aren't self-aware/living) and/or drones, a whole squad. Hell, they don't even need human troops at that point. There's no point in putting people in danger, especially against such a dangerous organism. Oh, also, they have highly effective sentry turrets too. We already have robotics capable of rolling around with those guns on them so they wouldn't even need to be stationary.

Prometheus makes this even worse because they used some map bot thing to map the place out with no humans needed and it takes place what, almost a century before Aliens?

Aliens is still one of my favorite movies of all time, but lets be real, the idea of sending people in before drones/robots (WHICH THEY HAVE IN THE MOVIE) aged like a smashed avocado.
I've reflected on this as well and deduced that Cameron made the slight miscalculation of not giving enough thought into the technology almost assuredly available in the Alien saga.

All he had to do was film a scene where Burke and a bunch of big cheeses are at the situation table, talking about the colony losing communications with HQ.

They say, hey, we have to send in the bot squad tout sweet. Pronto.

Burke replies, hey, no let's send in the colonial marines. Hey, trust me on this, it's just another computer-dish error, like last time. He says something along the lines about how the marines could use the experience.

Perhaps Burke, who may very well have been a patsy anyway, is in cahoots with a head honcho who also knows that they may need the marines to unsuspectingly and unwittingly move specimens through protocol.

That's how I imagine it.

I find myself skipping to the fight scenes in some Bruce Lee movies if Im totally honest. Big Boss is horrible to watch beg to end.

A SHIT TON of movies age horribly. A better question is which movies can you watch now lol.

I'd argue that back in the 70s-90s Martial Arts movies had a unique mysticism about them... because Martial Arts had mysticism.

SInce MMA came to prominence and tested out what works and what doesn't, it revealed many of the myths of Martial Arts... exposed them... so now the movies they're based on are now far less entertaining.

Back