Which movie was really stupid when you rewatched it

Aliens

hear meowt.

In the time since it came out, we've developed robots and drones, both of which have been and are being used in war and to disarm bombs. The movie takes place like two hundred years in the future or whatever and they have general AI and androids. There's no reason to send humans to check out something that potentially dangerous. Send several androids (ideally ones that aren't self-aware/living) and/or drones, a whole squad. Hell, they don't even need human troops at that point. There's no point in putting people in danger, especially against such a dangerous organism. Oh, also, they have highly effective sentry turrets too. We already have robotics capable of rolling around with those guns on them so they wouldn't even need to be stationary.

Prometheus makes this even worse because they used some map bot thing to map the place out with no humans needed and it takes place what, almost a century before Aliens?

Aliens is still one of my favorite movies of all time, but lets be real, the idea of sending people in before drones/robots (WHICH THEY HAVE IN THE MOVIE) aged like a smashed avocado.

When I saw the preview for the first movie, I already knew this was gonna suck and didnt bother ever watching any of them.

Does Mila make it worth it?

The first one is 'good.' It has a unique charm to it.

Wouldn't say Mila especially improves it.
She's serviceable in the role.
She's a model/actress.

Fuck you. Aliens rocked. You aged like smashed avocado. You did.

Actin like regrettable endeavours and sending people to die isnt always on the table. Pshaw!

We also dont know if the androids were very good at combat, since we never see the ones in the early movies really do much fighting. Certainly not with firearms.

They didnt care about putting lives at risk, they wanted those marines there to put up enough of a resistance so that the "product" could be secured. Maybe they were also chuffed that "Ash" was discovered after all, and considered him a failure.

Just the THOUGHT of that glorious movie. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
<{1-16}>

I think I first started thinking about this because of Alien: Isolation and Aliens: Dark Descent, plus in a couple Alien novels I've read the androids are stronger and faster than people and they use robot dogs. Plus, I've followed how drones have been used in Ukraine and I've been thinking about robotics and AI lately and I rewatched T1 & T2 and it occurred to me, like, hey, hold up, Aliens doesn't make sense. My thoughts, paraphrased: "They have androids that are strong and can do everything humans can and I can use a drone to scout areas Dark Descent. Shit, even those dorks in Prometheus used a drone. Hey, wait a second... why would humans even fuck with these things at all? I mean shit, they even ignore the androids and drones. They could fly drones in and/or just have androids scout the area and that's if they even have the need for anyone to do dangerous jobs like soldiery anymore..."

And then...

<{Joewithit}>

WHOLE THING RUINED.

...Still a GOAT tier movie though.

its-still.gif

Aliens

hear meowt.

In the time since it came out, we've developed robots and drones, both of which have been and are being used in war and to disarm bombs. The movie takes place like two hundred years in the future or whatever and they have general AI and androids. There's no reason to send humans to check out something that potentially dangerous. Send several androids (ideally ones that aren't self-aware/living) and/or drones, a whole squad. Hell, they don't even need human troops at that point. There's no point in putting people in danger, especially against such a dangerous organism. Oh, also, they have highly effective sentry turrets too. We already have robotics capable of rolling around with those guns on them so they wouldn't even need to be stationary.

Prometheus makes this even worse because they used some map bot thing to map the place out with no humans needed and it takes place what, almost a century before Aliens?

Aliens is still one of my favorite movies of all time, but lets be real, the idea of sending people in before drones/robots (WHICH THEY HAVE IN THE MOVIE) aged like a smashed avocado.

This is like saying the original Alien 1979 movie is now bad because all of the computers used in the movie have advanced since the 70s.

7da83ab812f3bf35122de75332ee1b23.jpg

6047867166_cbdc212a18_b.jpg

679bcf2983258c71a58781aa6cf81649.jpg

"They should have sent robots. Robots wouldn't have been impregnated by the facehuggers!"

<codychoke>

WHY DIDNT THEY FLY ON THE EAGLES ALL THE WAY TO MORDOR??

Aliens

hear meowt.

Yep. Terminator is stupid too.

Skynet built individual robots to mimic humans for infiltration and termination of small pockets of humans at a time. It could've just released a bunch of airborn viruses or gasses which would've taken care of all the remaining people.

That James Cameron is an idiot.

One of my favorite movies as a kid was '3 Ninjas.'

R.99cc7fb13d613df9f9c11ab3a9743c75

I watched it as an adult... and its pure cringe.

Think I loved it as a kid because ninjas were cool, ninja training seemed like you were given super powers, and the movie was like some kind of wish fulfillment.

Pre-teens kicking the asses of dozens of fully-grown men?
{<hhh]

There's a reason why some kids movies are well remembered and many more are forgotten.

That one feels like it was just manufactured in a studio by execs who were like hey Ninja Turtles are popular, Home Alone is popular! Can’t miss.

If I’m being honest, I didn’t like it much as a kid either. I have nightmares of classmates at my school chanting Rocky loves Em-i-ly in the wake of it coming out over and over again.

This is like saying the original Alien 1979 movie is now bad because all of the computers used in the movie have advanced since the 70s.

7da83ab812f3bf35122de75332ee1b23.jpg

6047867166_cbdc212a18_b.jpg

679bcf2983258c71a58781aa6cf81649.jpg

"They should have sent robots. Robots wouldn't have been impregnated by the facehuggers!"

<codychoke>
Denial is the first stage.

dr-evil-hug.gif

In universe even going back to when it came out in 1986 and disregarding real life and all other media, they have cracked artificial general intelligence and don't need to send humans to investigate something which means by default that they have non-sentient robots/androids that could do the job too. All they gotta do is have them scope out the whole complex. Even if they still have human soldiers for some reason they don't need to go in first, send an android scouting party.

"Uh sir, our android team swept the whole complex, everyone is dead but one girl, they're bringing her back, also there's a nest of dozens of 6 meter tall hostile alien organisms, shit loads of like, eggs? Ripley wasn't lying. There's no one to save and we couldn't even fire our weapons in there anyway. Fuckin' place is a death trap."

"Well shit."

tumblr_n5wf8eifFY1s2wio8o1_500.gif

tenor.gif

Yep. Terminator is stupid too.

Skynet built individual robots to mimic humans for infiltration and termination of small pockets of humans at a time. It could've just released a bunch of airborn viruses or gasses which would've taken care of all the remaining people.

That James Cameron is an idiot.
Not to mention, again, drones/small robots.

Free hugs today

200w.gif

In universe even going back to when it came out in 1986 and disregarding real life and all other media, they have cracked artificial general intelligence and don't need to send humans to investigate something which means by default that they have non-sentient robots/androids that could do the job too. All they gotta do is have them scope out the whole complex. Even if they still have human soldiers for some reason they don't need to go in first, send an android scouting party.

"Uh sir, our android team swept the whole complex, everyone is dead but one girl, they're bringing her back, also there's a nest of dozens of 6 meter tall hostile alien organisms, shit loads of like, eggs? Ripley wasn't lying. There's no one to save and we couldn't even fire our weapons in there anyway. Fuckin' place is a death trap."

"Well shit."

"In the future, what's the point of humans when robots & androids serve every purpose a human can?"

From the perspective of Weiland-Utani, 'the company,' humans are cheaper and more expendable than expensive robots and androids.

Denial is the first stage.

dr-evil-hug.gif

"Well shit."

tumblr_n5wf8eifFY1s2wio8o1_500.gif

tenor.gif
@Substance Abuse I think we need to nuke this post from orbit.

"In the future, what's the point of humans when robots & androids serve every purpose a human can?"

From the perspective of Weiland-Utani, 'the company,' humans are cheaper and more expendable than expensive robots and androids.
No, that's why we use drones meow and have been automating everything and making advances in robotics and tech gets cheaper over time. You don't have to pay androids and they cracked AGI like a century earlier

I'm born in '83, Van Damme movies were the ones that hyped me up to start train martial arts as child

Rewatching these as adult almost all had terrible fighting scenes, best being everybody be slow fucks just waiting him to jump and do a nonsense flying spinning split axe kick in their face lol

I'm born in '83, Van Damme movies were the ones that hyped me up to start train martial arts as child

Rewatching these as adult almost all had terrible fighting scenes, best being everybody be slow fucks just waiting him to jump and do a nonsense flying spinning split axe kick in their face lol
Bloodsport still rules tho

Back