Which Languages Are You Learning?

I know perfect Spanish and English, learned some ASL when I was working with someone deaf, and am not actively trying to learn any new languages right now.

I like to think that if I was living in a foreign land I would pick up a new language prodigiously but as it is people barely utilize multisyllabic words in our own language.

I'm trilingual (French, English, German), with German the one I'm weakest at.
So I'm trying to be good at all three languages, rather than attempting to learn more.
If I did, I'd learn Japanese as its the culture I like the most outside the West.

I said "does'nt exist in Italy", wich stands correct despite what significate 90s american shows want give to it

Beside that "culo" mean "ass", can't replace "shit place"
Vaffanculo have in "ffan" an abbreviation of "a fare in"
Vaffanculo -> Vai a fare in culo -> Go to "do" (used as fuck or get fucked) in the ass

Vaffanapoli -> Vai a fare in Napoli -> Go to fuck (or get fucked by) the city of Naples
Wich does'nt make sense

Trying to play devil's advocate something kinda similar "questo posto è un buco di culo" (This place is like the hole of an ass) can be used more or less as you say stuff like "people from shithle countries", but is not common at all and most people would not go for it

99% of people will just call it "posto di merda" wich translate "place (made) of shit", wich is basically your "shit place"

Essentially Vaffanapoli is wrong for both "napoli" and "ffan", used like that

If original insult was
Vai a stare nella merda -> Vastainmerda (completely fantasy abbreviation) -> Go to stay in shit
And you wanted to replace merda/shit with napoli (something that italians did in popular soccer hooligan song), in italian would have become something like
Vastainapoli, wich still is'nt Vaffanapoli

Cliffs: TV show Friends writers have no idea what they talk about aside know that Napoli does'nt have the best rep, as result vaffanapoli does'nt exist and would make no sense in italian

No idea, just clicked again on it and still works perfectly

Maybe youtube is an italian-language elitist and decided you're not worthy to enjoy it's greatness for the vaffanapoli thing, like a failed admission test or something
Bacco, are you lento? Get yoself a sense of yumour. This is not some rosetta stein or dothelingo forum.

3mLydMU.png

Cheers!

I'm trilingual (French, English, German), with German the one I'm weakest at.
So I'm trying to be good at all three languages, rather than attempting to learn more.
If I did, I'd learn Japanese as its the culture I like the most outside the West.
*it's the culture...

12-129385_trollface-troll-face-sprite.png

I already speak French and English.

I understand basic Spanish.

I completed Duolingo's Swedish course. I'm about 70% done its Danish course, and partway through Norwegian too.

I tried learning Icelandic on another app at the same time. It was a lot harder than Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian.

I took a semester of German in high school.

I'll probably start Tagalog on Rosetta stone soon.
I am tempted to try out Rosetta Stone. How is it for you? Do you often revise what you've learned? Does the app give you a good amount of vocabulary and does it teach you about grammar rules?

I'm sure I'll eventually have to improve my German skills.

Might learn Kazakh as well, if I feel extra bored later in life
Извини, если не говоришь по-русски, но зачем тебе Казахский если 90% Казахов говорят на русском?

My ex is from Siberia so I was learning a lot of Russian for her, but that’s no longer a thing.

Where I live Spanish and Russian immigrants make up damn near half the population, so I’ve picked up a lot of both over the years. I’d like to be more fluent in Spanish if I had to choose. Not something I’m currently using my free time to learn though.

My ex is from Siberia so I was learning a lot of Russian for her, but that’s no longer a thing.

Where I live Spanish and Russian immigrants make up damn near half the population, so I’ve picked up a lot of both over the years. I’d like to be more fluent in Spanish if I had to choose. Not something I’m currently using my free time to learn though.
Мне кажется, что у нас похожи причины учить Русский язык; хотя, сейчас моя девушка Беларуська и мы вместе

Мне кажется, что у нас похожи причины учить Русский язык; хотя, сейчас моя девушка Беларуська и мы вместе
верно!

Yeah no way I can read that. Never got around to learning the alphabet. Only how to say/pronounce certain words.

верно!

Yeah no way I can read that. Never got around to learning the alphabet. Only how to say/pronounce certain words.
I started learning Russian around four years ago, it's a really cool language. But Cyrillic is one of the benefits that comes from learning the language haha- you can read other/parts of other languages and so on

Don't need any more credits toward my diploma, so none.

I am tempted to try out Rosetta Stone. How is it for you? Do you often revise what you've learned? Does the app give you a good amount of vocabulary and does it teach you about grammar rules?

No clue. Haven't signed up yet.

Someone learn proper Portuguese and teach Brazilians how to speak it correctly.

Been studying Spanish for years. I'm not perfect by any means but I can get by and hold conversations. I study 5 days a week. Decided to study Italian twice a week this year so I don't get burnt out just doing Spanish everyday.

Back