Which FWs do you think Cruz could beat?

KORMAN

DC - Khabib - Dominator
@red
Reaction score
Name em. I always see posters say how Dom would do great at FW, but I wanna see which fighters Sherdoggers think Cruz can beat.

Get to it, Sherdoggies.

No one in top 5, but probably everyone else, besides artem

All of them except Aldo and Frankie

I think Max would kock him the fuck out. Seriously. And Pettis is way too long, and way too durable for Dom. Dom wouldn't be able to scratch Pettis' durable ass.

Also, if Mendes looks anything like he did before, he would rape Dom. And a fighter many forget, Dennis Bermudez would pummel him.

I'm serious, these guys are too big, and robust for frail, Dom. Dominick can't generate the type of speed and power that FWs can, because he doesn't have the weight behind him, or under his shots to generate the type of velocity these thick ass small guys can.

These guys are small, quick, powerful, and thick. Dom is small and quick. He doesn't have the physical densness to be powerful and explosive like the FW fighters.

You can't fuck up what you can't hit.

Aldo and Frankie and maybe Mendez would get him though.

For the record I hate Cruz and his style. Hate him

Name em. I always see posters say how Dom would do great at FW, but I wanna see which fighters Sherdoggers think Cruz can beat.

Get to it, Sherdoggies.

He beats anybody below Edgar, imo. But he could just as easily get starched with superior strength and power (Swanson, for example).

All of them except...
Max, Jose, Frankie
I think Jose beats him like a child, Max outfights him and wears his bodyout
Frankie is a decent style matchup for Cruz, but Frankie is the better wrestler and the better puncher - but he's getting old and sluggish.
Chad Mendes would beat him, but he's not around

I think he beats guys like Lamas (too slow, too wild), Cub would be an interesting fight actually - I think Cub's ability to use being hit as a measuring stick would make it interesting.

I think he's a rare elite fighter that matches up very poorly with Pettis, but he's moving up to LW.

I think Jose would be a massive favorite, I honestly don't think that's close.
Max would be closer, but he's a better boxer with comparable footwork and he fights longer than Cruz can, and excels the deeper the fight goes.
Frankie a year ago I'd say would school him, this year it'd be closer but I like Frankie in five rounds.

Everyone else I favor Cruz

I think Max would kock him the fuck out. Seriously. And Pettis is way too long, and way too durable for Dom. Dom wouldn't be able to scratch Pettis' durable ass.

Also, if Mendes looks anything like he did before, he would rape Dom. And a fighter many forget, Dennis Bermudez would pummel him.

I'm serious, these guys are too big, and robust for frail, Dom. Dominick can't generate the type of speed and power that FWs can, because he doesn't have the weight behind him, or under his shots to generate the type of velocity these thick ass small guys can.

These guys are small, quick, powerful, and thick. Dom is small and quick. He doesn't have the physical densness to be powerful and explosive like the FW fighters.
LMAO Holloway is a club fighter, a reckless brawler, Dominick Cruz would nothing short of SCHOOL him. He also walks around 160 lbs, he'd decent sized for FW

I'd favor Aldo, Max, Frankie and Mendes against him

To clarify....the top 5 beat him more often than not;
McGregor, Aldo, and Holloway have a serious chance of knocking Cruz out flat.
Edgar would school Cruz and is too powerful.

Swanson is almost a 50/50 lol. He has the power to flatten Cruz and not take much damage or threatened with Dom's comparitively weaker wrestling.

Mendes has a serious chance of beating Dom as well...

No easy fights for Dom against the vets and top tier.

Dom pitter pats a points decisions while being all "elusive" on almost all of them. I don't see any, or many, featherweights being able to get their hands on him

I'm really not sure how he'd do against the competition seeing as he can't finish fights and we really wouldn't know if he could take big shots from fighters like Cub, Stephens, Mendes, etc. You never know though, his movement and speed could transition really well against the big hitters, and he might even make a bit of a fool out of post-USADA Mendes, if he can avoid the takedown. I wouldn't really see him getting past anybody like Holloway, Edgar, or Aldo.

None of the top 5. Probably half of the remaining top 10.

Back