• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

which fighter or fight made you fall in love with mma

Kevin Rosier.
We grew up on the same street in Buffalo NY (although I was much closer in age to his little brother)
Great guy. Humble as can be. Dealt with some mental troubles towards the end but was a really solid guy.
Worked at a few bars/clubs together as well.

Royce Gracie for me. UFC 1. I remember the Gracie vs. Tyson signs showing up in the audience after he won that event.

After the UFC went down the shitter for awhile, it was Kazushi Sakuraba who helped reignite that love. Along with Saku, Wanderlei, Shogun, Fedor, Henderson, and Rampage putting on so many amazing fights are really what hooked me and kept me hooked on the sport after that.

Fedor , swinging like a killing machine with that dead pan look on his face- not even a grimace.

Seeing Fedor for the first time.
Same. Pride HL DVD. Saw Fedor getting tossed on his head by Randleman thinking he got killed but then found out he (Fedor) won. Not just the Fedor fight but that the whole HL video.

Initially Ken Shamrock.

Then Chuck cemented it for me.

donald cerrone vs melvin guillard that was the time i felt i'm already an mma fan.

giphy.gif

Frank VS Bas fights on youtube in 2006 and then the rest. Amazing library on YT back then as well.

Plenty fans were posting all the pride and UFC fights until they started taking them down.

Also Frank was the one, he was awesome in UFC for the dream cast

Probably Frank vs Tito for the fight.

First fighter I really looked up to was Randy Couture though. Loved how he was already the underdog but always seemed to find a way to win.

Yeah, definitely Frank for me, especially the way he beat Tito. First well-rounded MMAist who didn't rely primarily on roided brute strength (like Ken) and could strike, wrestle and grapple very well.

I had been introduced to MMA in 1991 taking a self-defense module taught by a Gracie affiliate. Saw Rickson vs. Zulu 1 and 2, Gracies in Action, heard about the Gracie challenge and was fed the Gracie Kool Aid. But started training Judo seriously the next year and by the time Royce hit the scene, I was like this guy is just really good at Judo newaza, so wasn't particularly impressed he could submit guys who had no idea what he was doing.

I watched tapes and stuff as a kid... and I watched the first season of TUF and I was always into martial arts... but the fight that made me go die hard? Anderson Silva vs Chris Leben live on spike TV

For me IT was Pudzianowski and his transition to MMA. I was a big fan and i thought he will be unstopable.
After his first fight i started to look for other MMA and find nick Diaz fights in strikeforce and cain vs Kongo in UFC.
And i think because nick ( his talk shot and always go forward style) and cain ( i was introgued how someone can get hit in the face so hard and still won the fight) i stayed with MMA till now.
Brock, mir, carwin, cormier also helped :)

Houston Alexander, Keith Jardine. Fight turned quick and the knockout with mouthpiece on the floor and Rogan screaming "this guy is for real!"

Last edited:
Back