• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

which fighter or fight made you fall in love with mma

SEVERAL different eras as well

Shamrock

Fedor

Crocop

Igor Vov

Sakuraba

Even old Pancrase-matches with Bas Rutten , Funaki, Shammy and Suzuki piqued my interest

Honestly...

Tito Ortiz.
3ZZDU9.gif

Tito are a Badass in his Prime!!

Seeing Fedor for the first time.
I lived in a dorm at the time and this huge Nogueira fan asked if I wanted to see the best MMA fighter in the world take on an unknown, flabby Russian dude. I said sure and that was my introduction into the world of MMA: the first Nogueira - Fedor fight! Fedor played basketball with Nogueira's head that night and my friend was in tears.

Mir vs Big Nog (the first one)
Shogun vs Machida (the second one)
Edgar vs Maynard (the second one)
UFC 100
YUP edgar vs maynard 2 was insane, that was one that where i was only watching the sport very casually, could not name divisions or champs really yet but that fight blew my mind

Fedor , swinging like a killing machine with that dead pan look on his face- not even a grimace.
That’s old Fedor. Young Fedor was more balanced, a brutal ground and pound fighter with good submissions.

That’s old Fedor. Young Fedor was more balanced, a brutal ground and pound fighter with good submissions.
you telling me my memories now? LOL
I was more alluding to his demeanor than his fighting style. Regardless of what method he was employing at the time , he was still a stone faced killing machine.
I was watching it live back in the day

Tyron Woodley making me fall in and out of love with MMA.

<5>

After I watched UFC 1 live I was hooked. Seeing that little guy Royce tear up field, it was amazing to me back then.

The whole ufc 2 event. I didn’t see ufc 1 until years after as it wasn’t avAilable

I have no shame in saying I saw mma here and there from the start but nobody suckered me in like Kimbo. Watching Kimbo street fights made me watch more Strikeforce free fights and when they signed Kimbo it was everything for me… until he sucked but by then I was already hooked. MMA owes Kimbo MILLIONS. There has been no human on earth that brought non mma fans to mma better than Kimbo

wasn’t kimbo on elitexc long before strikeforce? I loved kimbo fights as well.

diego and rampage. after they got me hooked on mma then it was shogun

Back