• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which fight was more humiliating, Khabib vs Conor or Izzy vs Sean Strickland?

More humiliating defeat?

• Conor vs Khabib

Votes: 54 46.6%
  • Izzy vs Sean Strickland

Votes: 62 53.4%

• Total voters

Davidjacksonjones

Archbishop of Church of Saint Jones
@Black
Reaction score
Both very humiliating defeats. Which one did you find more embarrassing and why?

With Khabib and Conor, Conor talked a way more huge amount of trash, even attacked Khabib's bus. Conor was finished, tapped out and sucker punched in the biggest fight in UFC history. Most probably expected Khabib to win, being 26-0 and one of the best grapplers against someone who had a 2 year lay off from MMA and poor grappling.

connor-mcgregor-khabib.gif

As for Izzy vs Sean Strickland, Izzy was expected to steamroll through the much "inferior" on paper opponent, and the odds were crazy. Izzy was frequently compared to Anderson Silva, and considered one of MMA's finest strikers. He was rocked, almost finished, got outstruck and lost 3-4 rounds. Was taunted in the final seconds of the last round, but all he did was back off and run away.

On top of that, Sean called Izzy out for his dog touching incident which went viral and exposed Israel's weird sexual fetish to millions. That was the icing on the cake.

F5ot9cHXAAAYuTs.jpg

Its a touch choice. On one hand, losing to someone of Sean Strickland's caliber (no disrespect to him) while being considered the 2nd greatest MW, is pretty embarrassing, considering Izzy was beat at his own game and specialty.

Losing to Khabib, one of the greatest LWs shouldn't be too embarrassing, given everyone else has lost to him. But the fact it was the biggest fight ever, and the unrelenting trash talk + how badly he was dominated, the constant cheating and fouls and saying "it's only business", it gets my vote as the more embarrassing fight.

NINTCHDBPICT000444225663.jpg

Last edited:
Izzy vs Sean and it's not even close

Khabib was the favorite and did what he was supposed to do, in the fashion most expected

Izzy on the other hand got completely embarrassed by a +600 underdog in his own domain (striking)

Izzy vs Sean and it's not even close

Khabib was the favorite and did what he was supposed to do, in the fashion most expected

Izzy on the other hand got completely embarrassed by a +600 underdog in his own domain (striking)
Yeah this was my thought initially. But i also took into account how much trash talk was spoken, and the magnitude of the fight as well as well as being finished

In the long run Adesanya might win a few more big fights. Might even take the belt again if the UFC gives him favorable matches. McGregor is done for permanently and will never get near a belt again. In the long run the Khabib defeat will hurt him more than Strickland walking down and mocking Adesanya. Adesanya literally might get a free rematch with Strickland and beat him.

In the long run Adesanya might win a few more big fights. Might even take the belt again if the UFC gives him favorable matches. McGregor is done for permanently and will never get near a belt again. In the long run the Khabib defeat will hurt him more than Strickland walking down and mocking Adesanya. Adesanya literally might get a free rematch with Strickland and beat him.
Yeah i agree. Izzy can easily bounce back, win a few fights, get a rematch and people will forget about it. On the other hand, Khabib completely took Conor's soul and he was never the same. I believe he still has nightmares and PTSD from the Khabib beating

They were humiliating in different ways. Khabib is a world class combat sports athlete, an elite of the elite with pedigree deep and wide ontop of being one of the sports best grapplers/wrestlers ever. Him dominating Conor wasn't surprising but a the shit Conor talked, the dolly, Conor just being a Pepsi fueled ego maniac and then crying "it's only business" was humiliating. Izzy losing to Strickland was bizarre though, it kinda erases him from the history books in terms of all time greatness and just shows he reigned when a division was shallow and weak more than anything. The loss in and of itself is more humiliating and shocking for Izzy than Conor, the social aspect was more humiliating for Conor though.

Khabib beating Conor was to be expected, but with all the trash talk + numerous fouls + "It's only business" and left exhausted on the canvas after tapping to a neck crank, I give my vote to that fight.

Khabib beating Conor was to be expected, but with all the trash talk + numerous fouls + "It's only business" and left exhausted on the canvas after tapping to a neck crank, I give my vote to that fight.
Good points, forgot to add in the constant fouls/cheating

Adesanya lost to an average fighter and found no solution for 25 minutes to a very basic offensive striking of Strickland even if his defense was high-level
McGregor lost to someone who dominated Dos Anjos, Poirier, Johnson, etc. the same way

Adensanya lost a decision and was still standing after the fight. he lost but that's it

MgGregor had another man take his back, neck crank him and he tapped out to it and his opponent didn't want to let go. he got emasculated in that fight and, yeah i know most fans like a knockout and consider it the most dominating form of victory, but being able to ragdoll and physically impose your will on another man is an equal form of dominance and, we forget sometimes that without rounds, someone like Khabib could have kept someone like McGregor on the ground indefinitely, wearing him down, mocking him, slapping him, doing whatever he wanted to do until he decided to either ground and pound him into unconsciousness of choke him out.

makes me think of Miocic vs Ngannou 1. yeah, i know Miocic never got the finish but, without rounds, he could have held Ngannou down indefinitely. that is a very clear form of domination and it feels terrible to be in the grip or on the ground with a very high level grappler who can manhandle you.

Back