Which current UFC fighters can you see being a future UFC color commentator/analyst?

Kevin "Big Mouth" Holland. Imagine him clowning Dom and Bisping on a live broadcast.

I think Poirier and Wonderboy would be really good. Not necessarily together but in place of Dom. Both seem to have the personality for it and not constantly brag about what they would do in that situation.

Dustin Poirier, Cub Swanson, maybe Ortega for the BJJ moves, or Thompson for striking techniques. Jon Jones would be great
Weidman, Chiesa, and Belal are already working for ESPN. So they could switch to commentary
By the way, Moreno is already a commentator in Spanish, Shevchenko, and Ponzinibbio were also Spanish-language commentators, and Lapilus in French. I expect Grasso to follow in

I do think Mcgregor, Chandler and Cejudo would be good commentators too.

Kamaru Usman would actually be good
Him and Chandler are a big no no for me. It's nauseating how they sound so preachy saying even the most basic of things.

Someone down to earth and fun like Volk would be nice, though I reckon having somewhat better diction should be taken into account.

Wonderboy is also someone I would be cool with, even if him being too nice could sometimes become offputting.

I'm scared Chandler will be the next one. Can you imagine him and Cruz together?

Don't bring that into the world. Chandler is annoying in media now much less every other weekend on commentary.

He speaks slowly. He already had a commentator gig in the Khabib promotion

Personally, I can't stand hearing Usman. He kind of talks like a robot and hearing him puts me to sleep.

Going to throw out Moicano. What he says is sometimes dumb but for English being his second language he is far more entertaining than most fighters.

Him and Chandler are a big no no for me. It's nauseating how they sound so preachy saying even the most basic of things.

Someone down to earth and fun like Volk would be nice, though I reckon having somewhat better diction should be taken into account.

Wonderboy is also someone I would be cool with, even if him being too nice could sometimes become offputting.
Volk is a good pick, Aspinall sort of fits the Volk vibe too

Is Conor a current fighter? I think he'd actually be great. GOAT level mic skills, he can drink all he wants which will just add to the fun, and let's face it; he is way better suited to talking than fighting.

If Conor's commentary is anything like this, it'd be ENTERTAINING AF!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

IMO the greatest piece of commentary EVER in MMA

Dustin Poirier, Cub Swanson, maybe Ortega for the BJJ moves, or Thompson for striking techniques. Jon Jones would be great
Weidman, Chiesa, and Belal are already working for ESPN. So they could switch to commentary
By the way, Moreno is already a commentator in Spanish, Shevchenko, and Ponzinibbio were also Spanish-language commentators, and Lapilus in French. I expect Grasso to follow in
Grasso already does commentary

I think Volk,Cejudo and Chandler, I could see doing this.

Tony should be in a mental hospital, Dustin seems to just wanna parent his daughter, and wonderboy seems pretty passionate about teaching karate.
Cejudo sounds like he's just smokes some weed and is a homie wannabe.

UFC love Chandler so I think they'd let Chandler do what he wants to do.

And he is intelligent, articulate, experienced, balanced, fair and has control of his ego.
- All good qualities to have.

So after Chandler retires id say he's a lock for an analyst job or a cageside job. He is heavily paid already and I'm sure he will get a nice deal on a desk job at UFC after he hangs them up.

Back