Which country contributed more to MMA?

I think it's safe to say that people have been tackling each other for thousands of years.

What are some of these fouls you mention though?

There is a lot more to in than tackling.

Wrestling has taken a number of forums and some wrestling matches were death matches in ancient times. Some of the lethal techniques have been removed. No more neck breaking, spine cracking, neck biting, and so on except for death matches. When the death sports ended Wrestling had softened a bit.

Wrestling the was also a military tool and some of the most damaging techniques were softened for practice but intended to be hard in war. It doesn't pay to have 10% of your army with injuries.

Emperor Commodus was strangled to death by his wrestling coach ;). Chokes got removed from Catch as Catch can unfortunately.

Last edited:
If we are going way back, Japan got their influence from China

I was thinking in terms of the modern MMA. If we're talking martial arts in general then you have to go with Greece or China.

Pinehurst, NC, USA is the source of the greatest influence on MMA today.
UFC is, by far, the most influential entity and their success is built upon the ballz of this man
tumblr_mz5v48Zlp81qzbqw1o1_400.gif

So, Murica, Phuk yeah

I was thinking in terms of the modern MMA. If we're talking martial arts in general then you have to go with Greece or China.

Europe and the Middle East were just as developed...until the gun became popular then Europe abandoned hand to hand, it became a lost art.

Humans came from Africa so the Congo, but Kongo is from France, but France just got terrorized by Arabs so Saudi Arabia, but it was fucked up by the British in WW 1, but USA rekt them in the revolutionary war so America is the best

What a d bag.

Back