Which all-time HW boxing great would you say has the best chance to beat prime Fedor in MMA?

Which all-time HW boxing great would you say has the best chance to beat prime Fedor in MMA?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
All these boxing greats get a one year training of MMA before the super mega fight. (Obviously in their primes)

Feel free to add some names.

If I had to pick one guy it would be Mike Tyson.

NINTCHDBPICT000575474879.jpg

fedor_emelianenko_by_teh1rarebear_d2iv5g1-fullview.jpg

Let's be real here, Fedor was a Bronze Medalist in Russian nationals as a Judoka, Russia is arguably the best country at 100kg in Judo in the world, definitely top 3. Fedor was also a many time Combat Sambo world champion and a great MMA fighter who literally outstruck a guy like Cro Cop who was a decorated amateur boxer and elite kickboxer in K1s golden era. No one listed has more than a punchers chance, below 10%.

They'd all have pretty much the same chance imo, and thats an extremely slim punchers chance.

Plenty of boxers could transition successfully to MMA at HW with a years training, but once you start dealing with guys like Fedor, Cain, Jones, DC? its too much of a mountain to climb. They are abnormally skilled for HW.

Without knowing if any of them has any sort of wrestling background I'd have to go with Mike Tyson or George Foreman. Just because they have huge power and are very strong guys so they might be harder to take down and Tyson has a low center of gravity. Tyson Fury would get smoked that dude is so tall and has such a high center of gravity he should be very easy to take down.

We are assuming Fedor would immediately take it to the ground? If he tried to get into a fire fight with Tyson with 4 oz gloves, I think Tyson would knock him back to his ancestors.

Probably ANY of them

CreativeElderlyHawk-size_restricted.gif

mmPfWh7.gif

tumblr_plz3si4SLJ1udfb8oo1_500.gifv
Must have missed the word "PRIME" in the title...
Gifs of Fedor when he's 40 and 43 don't really bolster your argument.

How about gifs of actual PRIME Fedor destroying K-1 kickboxers like Cro Cop, Schilt, Hunt, Goodridge and Choi?
Probably more relevant
<Fedor23>

We are assuming Fedor would immediately take it to the ground? If he tried to get into a fire fight with Tyson with 4 oz gloves, I think Tyson would knock him back to his ancestors.

Mike Tyson is extremely over rated.

When he first started boxing, he was a very good boxer, and landed a lot of hard punches. He did not have the kind of power of Ernie shavers, George Forman, Sonny Liston, or Ron Lyle.

When he faced the best boxers of his generation, he fell short. And when he was hurt in a fight, he never came back. So stop, claiming Mike Tyson was a great unstoppable fighter. He was good for a short amount of time. Against opponents who were not the best of his era.

And I am a Mike Tyson fan. Always have been. Even though he beat a friend of mine.

Don't know about Fedor but I've long thought if Tommy Morrison had been born 20 years later he had the raw talent to make waves in mma had he trained for it. The Duke with tdd, bjj defense & that left hook woulda been fun to watch.

BelatedJointDikkops-size_restricted.gif

(Inb4 Mercer KOing him gif who gaf)

Weird how some people don't understand how something can be the relative best without being objectively good.

I think Tyson could have excelled at any combat sport he applied himself to just based on athleticism and mentality. Obviously no pure boxer has a remote chance of beating Fedor in MMA, but Tyson has the best chance.

Don't know about Fedor but I've long thought if Tommy Morrison had been born 20 years later he had the raw talent to make waves in mma had he trained for it. The Duke with tdd, bjj defense & that left hook woulda been fun to watch.

BelatedJointDikkops-size_restricted.gif

(Inb4 Mercer KOing him gif who gaf)

He would have done OK in pre-USADA UFC maybe

Back