Whey Protein

farmboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What is a good brand of whey protein that isn't going to drain my wallet?

Eh. Depends. Look around for sales. I have consitantly been buying Designer Whey Protien along with another brand of protein that I mix in with it, along with other supplemens. Designer Whey isn't that expensive, I suppose. You can get like a big 5 or 10 pound crate of some random brand Whey from some place like BJ's or Cosco. You just gotta shop around.

Depends on what you need...Good tasting weight gainer would be Muscle Juice on Bodybuilder.com for 25 bucks for a 10lb jug. I just bought ON's 100% Whey, 28$ for 5lbs also on bodybuilder. Ive always been on Muscle Milk and love it and its 20 bucks on Dpsnutrition.com

I currently have Optimum Nutrition's 100 Whey Protein in the chocolate flavor. Tastes great and was only like 23 dollars for a 5 pound tub. I have a gold card now, too, so it will cheaper next time.

LCDforMe said:
I currently have Optimum Nutrition's 100 Whey Protein in the chocolate flavor. Tastes great and was only like 23 dollars for a 5 pound tub. I have a gold card now, too, so it will cheaper next time.

Is that the On's everyone is talking about? Where do you get this?

Yes sir. Bodybuilder.com or im sure Dpsnutrition.com carries it too

How many servings do you get for a 5 and 10 lb container?

ObsceneJester said:
Is that the On's everyone is talking about? Where do you get this?

yes.. ON is short for "Optimum Nutrition"... and u can find it at a number of places.. like your local "The Vitamin Shoppe" (great store) or specialty vitamin store :wink:

GNC tends to carry it as well as most places already mentioned.

ON whey is key.

Check Bodybuilding.com and bulknutrition.com for cheap prices. I got mine from bulknutrition and that was cheaper than BB.com

GNC brand whey is good if u just want somethin cheap. i got 6lbs for 20 bucks the other day. cant go wrong with muscle milk either.

Tkdmmafighter said:
GNC brand whey is good if u just want somethin cheap. i got 6lbs for 20 bucks the other day. cant go wrong with muscle milk either.

Anybody else here use the GNC brand whey? When I was there, the guy at the store said it was better to spend the extra like 6 dollars for the ON whey.

The ON Rocky Road isn't bad either. It mixes well and goes down pretty smooth.

b0b said:
The ON Rocky Road isn't bad either. It mixes well and goes down pretty smooth.

I've never seen that flavor just Vanilla, the Chocolate, and the Strawberry.

What would you guys reccomend ON or Designer Whey Protien?

Is ON 100% protein? Designer whey isn't, I know they have a lot of other ingrediants including a few grams of l-glut per serving

I just got a 6lb container of the GNC brand of 100% whey protein. It was on sale for $29.99. I didn't think that was too bad.

I found a new protein called Nectar. It actually works very good and the taste is unbelievably. It is on the average price side depending on where you get it but it mixes like a drink and it is not one of the ones you have to choke down. I recomend atleast giving it a shot since some stores give them away as samples. It is a good marketing ploy because it ended up getting me hooked.

Back