Wheres the proof that soccer is the biggest sport in the world?

this thread is a dumpster fire, Association Football is by some distance the most popular sport in the world, but the numbers being thrown up here are beyond hilarious.
Yeah. Not sure where the pollsters are coming up with half of every human living watched a soccer game lmao. Sometimes people just need to sit down and ponder some of the ridiculous shit they read.

They're listed all over the internet champ, what inside info do you have to prove differently?
Oh. Well...in that case, I'll take your word for it. Half of every living human being on the planet watched a soccer game. Seems reasonable

Oh. Well...in that case, I'll take your word for it. Half of every living human being on the planet watched a soccer game. Seems reasonable

It's not a soccer game you dumbass. It's a tournament. The World Cup. say 300 million people watch a single Brazil game which is quite reasonable and probably an under estimation. You add up the total viewers for a tournament. And 2 billion is a reasonable estimate for the tournament. 64 games, 2 billion viewers. 48 games at the Rugby World Cup - 1 billion viewers total. Or do you not understand what a tournament is?

Last edited:
Dude. Half of the world's population didn't watch a soccer tournament. Think of how absurd that sounds.

16875.jpeg

https://www.statista.com/chart/16875/super-bowl-viewership-vs-world-cup-final/

<16>

It's not a soccer game you dumbass. It's a tournament. The World Cup. say 300 million people watch a single Brazil game which is quite reasonable and probably an under estimation. You add up the total viewers for a tournament. And 2 billion is a reasonable estimate for the tournament. 64 games, 2 billion viewers. 48 games at the Rugby World Cup - 1 billion viewers total. Or do you not understand what a tournament is?
Dude. Half of the world's population didn't watch a soccer tournament. Think of how absurd that sounds.
I first suggested your figures were way off, as I thought you were meaning just the final itself, taking the whole tournament into account, your figures are actually fairly accurate, but you only need to watch 1 minute to be added to the viewing stats.

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/more-than-half-the-world-watched-record-breaking-2018-world-cup

Though the 1998 Fifa World Cup final had 2 billion viewers for a single game.

lol

Sports are serious people. Don’t joke about it or I’ll give you a yellow card. You’ve been warned

i love some pathetic americans come here and tell us how manly their sport is and what not. and their logic is always they get soccer player 170 lb and compare him to some linebacker or tight end lol. i mean it is just crazy compere them to body builders and we instanly see they cant bench nowhere near the body builders or squat or anything involving strength or endurance for 10 seconds that they pay and rest for 45 seconds intervals. i mean reast of the world dont care about your man sport nfl if they did they would watch it. rest of world not just that do not consider nfl to be man sport they do not consider it to be exiting fluent or tactically worthy to be watched for 4 hours we ask our self why so many breaks why such a exitment if you are last on table and on and on

"The final between France and Croatia on 15 July attracted a combined global audience of 1.12 billion, comprising 884.37 million viewers tuning in to linear TV coverage and a further 231.82 million out-of-home and digital-only viewers."

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/more-than-half-the-world-watched-record-breaking-2018-world-cup

How many times can you contradict yourself in one point?

And lol at using FIFA themselves as a reliable source for reporting FIFA attendances.

Surely one of the most corrupt organizations on earth would never fudge their numbers.

How many times can you contradict yourself in one point?

And lol at using FIFA themselves as a reliable source for reporting FIFA attendances.

Surely one of the most corrupt organizations on earth would never fudge their numbers.

Sigh, Do you have any proof otherwise? Or is it just your opinion. Because so far we just have everyone's word that no they don't get those numbers, but no fucking proof.

Edit: Why do I even care I fucking hate soccer.

Sigh, Do you have any proof otherwise? Or is it just your opinion. Because so far we just have everyone's word that no they don't get those numbers, but no fucking proof.

Edit: Why do I even care I fucking hate soccer.

2 billion watched one game......no I mean 2 billion watched the whole tournament.....look here’s proof 1.1billion people watched the final.

Google searches don’t make you an expert, kid.

2 billion watched one game......no I mean 2 billion watched the whole tournament.....look here’s proof 1.1billion people watched the final.

Google searches don’t make you an expert, kid.

We'll just take your word on it then. Without a shred of proof. No worries chief.

Last edited:
it is ok nfl fans i know you guys are in aww how nfl guys are big but fast and can hit hard and constantly stop go and use gas mask and iknow you guys are in aww how much food is eaten on sb sunday and chips and you are in awww how much commercial cost but people in rest of the world are not inawww about any of it not even game so world cup gets 1+ for final and somemore historic qf or other game and nfl gets 100 mill i know you guys have your panties in the bunch but get over it you are delusional so go and be in aww of your sport

it is ok nfl fans i know you guys are in aww how nfl guys are big but fast and can hit hard and constantly stop go and use gas mask and iknow you guys are in aww how much food is eaten on sb sunday and chips and you are in awww how much commercial cost but people in rest of the world are not inawww about any of it not even game so world cup gets 1+ for final and somemore historic qf or other game and nfl gets 100 mill i know you guys have your panties in the bunch but get over it you are delusional so go and be in aww of your sport
Why do you keep bringing up American Football? It's like you're arguing with yourself

Back