Where would you rank Wilder if he beats Fury & Joshua?

ConorFacts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Top 10 HW of all time?

giphy.gif

Higher than today.

Top 10 HW of all time?

giphy.gif
No why? I wouldn't rate either Fury or Joshua top 10 now so why should Wilder be elevated to top 10 if he beats them? Mike Tyson is not even considered to be a top ten HW by some and I think he'd destroy all 3 of them.

I don't think any of them should be top 10 HW of all time tbh.

There are quite some killers out of the top 10.

Fury and Joshua would certainly help his legacy but he'd have a bit of work to do before cracking the top 10.

In all honesty though, the bottom half of the top 10 all time heavies is pretty murky. Once you get past Lewis, Ali and Louis there are a lot of fighters with one or two big wins. I think everyone would agree Frazier is a top 10 guy but what would he be without that one big win over Ali? Larry Holmes is another. Lots of people rank him top 10 too, but who did he beat?

Fury and Joshua would certainly help his legacy but he'd have a bit of work to do before cracking the top 10.

In all honesty though, the bottom half of the top 10 all time heavies is pretty murky. Once you get past Lewis, Ali and Louis there are a lot of fighters with one or two big wins. I think everyone would agree Frazier is a top 10 guy but what would he be without that one big win over Ali? Larry Holmes is another. Lots of people rank him top 10 too, but who did he beat?
I think that's what's holding any HW of today back from being top 10. There's no Ali or Lewis or whoever to compare these guys to. No matter what they do, HW is pretty weak right now, so it's impossible for them to do it when they're getting outboxed and or dropped by guys who HW greats probably wouldn't.

I think that's what's holding any HW of today back from being top 10. There's no Ali or Lewis or whoever to compare these guys to. No matter what they do, HW is pretty weak right now, so it's impossible for them to do it when they're getting outboxed and or dropped by guys who HW greats probably wouldn't.
Thats actually always been my issue with hw tops 10s. Its always Ali and then the rest of the list is basically a bunch of guys who fought Ali. I've seen Ken Norton on some lists.

Thats actually always been my issue with hw tops 10s. Its always Ali and then the rest of the list is basically a bunch of guys who fought Ali. I've seen Ken Norton on some lists.
There's also the issue of nostalgia.

No why? I wouldn't rate either Fury or Joshua top 10 now so why should Wilder be elevated to top 10 if he beats them? Mike Tyson is not even considered to be a top ten HW by some and I think he'd destroy all 3 of them.

Fury would kill Ali.

Mike is a nightmare for most HWs, but he lacks hearth. Wilder by 8 round KO

Fury would kill Ali.

Mike is a nightmare for most HWs, but he lacks hearth. Wilder by 8 round KO

lol none of the current ‘big 3’ would get anywhere near the 8th round fighting prime Tyson. He’d rob them all of their consciousness within a couple of rounds

lol none of the current ‘big 3’ would get anywhere near the 8th round fighting prime Tyson. He’d rob them all of their consciousness within a couple of rounds

Mike lost vs Douglas.

Wilder vs Mike is a 50/50 fight imo

If he beat Fury, beat Joshua, beat Usyk and beat 3 Whyte, Parker, Povetkin, Hunter, Ruiz, Kownacki, Dubois etc level guys i'd have him in the all time top 10.

I'm going to wait until their careers are over before I start ranking them all time.

Beating Fury is just as impressive as beating Fury AND Joshua imo. Either way, I have to think. Some will argue he is top 10, others top 15, I bet a lot will try and argue he is barely top 20.

There are quite some killers out of the top 10.
For real. People like Holmes and Liston are fringe top 10 on a lot of people's lists

Back