Where would you rank Wilder if he beats Fury & Joshua?

The question is could any of them emerge?
Certainly. But we've a long way to go for that. I don't think power alone gets you there and Wilder isn't much of a boxer, so I don't see how he gets to top 10 HW, to be honest. Ever. Joshua and Fury are long shots as well. Joshua is about done, I think. He fought scared in that Ruiz rematch, in my opinion. I could see it. He won, but I'm not sure I like his prospects going forward. If I were Wilder or Fury, I'd get him in the ring ASAP were I to win the rematch. Lest he get tarnished further by someone not top-3.

He’d have to beat both of them beat the other notable HWs in the top 10, then beat off the next generation of contenders that are coming up.

Certainly. But we've a long way to go for that. I don't think power alone gets you there and Wilder isn't much of a boxer, so I don't see how he gets to top 10 HW, to be honest. Ever. Joshua and Fury are long shots as well. Joshua is about done, I think. He fought scared in that Ruiz rematch, in my opinion. I could see it. He won, but I'm not sure I like his prospects going forward. If I were Wilder or Fury, I'd get him in the ring ASAP were I to win the rematch. Lest he get tarnished further by someone not top-3.
I think if one of those guys scalped the other top 3 then they could...like if Wilder beat fury then aj then even beat Usyk after that, he'd have a very strong record for example

I think if one of those guys scalped the other top 3 then they could...like if Wilder beat fury then aj then even beat Usyk after that, he'd have a very strong record for example
Fair enough. And I don't mean to downplay Wilder's death touch. I'm a sucker for power and he has it in spades start to finish. It's truly something else. I don't think that would have carried him this far in other eras, though.

Fair enough. And I don't mean to downplay Wilder's death touch. I'm a sucker for power and he has it in spades start to finish. It's truly something else. I don't think that would have carried him this far in other eras, though.
Maybe not. I would pick a fair amount of hws to beat him but its about your record when talking about all time rank for me.

Max Baer for example was basically the Wilder of his time and he's probably around 15ish all time. He certainly was no gorgeous boxer by any stretch but he had a mean streak and durability and hit like a truck

Back